Turning your dilator into a vibrator

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Dilating Turning your dilator into a vibrator

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Vashalla
    Participant

This afternoon, I posted about a successful attempt at intercourse, where my boyfriend and I made an awesome discovery – if you put a vibrator up against a glass dilator while you have the dilator in, it’ll essentially turn the dilator into a vibrator!

Here’s that post: http://www.vaginismusmd.com/vaginismus-md-forum/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=537.0

Those glass dilators are also hollow on the inside, so I bet if you can find a vibrator that’s thin enough to fit inside the #5 or #6, that it could work even better (unadvisable to try this actually), but in my case this morning, we used one of the candy stick vibrators and just put that against the outside of the #5 dilator. It made the whole dilator vibrate with the same pulse. I’m not sure if this trick would work as well with the silicone dilators, but I’d love to hear if anyone else has tried this and if that worked.

This morning, we had some fun trying different ways to use our newfound knowledge. Some worked, some just didn’t really do anything for me, but it was fun to experiment.

EDIT: Also meant to add that I really think the vibration helped with mine and my boyfriend’s successful intercourse attempt today, especially since he’s larger than the #5.

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

I would be careful about inserting a vibrator into the hollow portion of the glass dilator in case it might break. They are fairly rugged but have not been tested for this use. Just making contact on the outside of the dilator seems to send the vibrations internally. Thanks Vashalla for being innovative!

Vashalla
    Participant

Oh, very good point! Definitely wouldn’t want it to break. It does seem to work quite well just making contact on the outside of the dilator, and the larger size of the candy stick means that there’s no possibility of accidentally inserting it into the hollow portion of the dilator.

Vashalla
    Participant

So I tried this experiment out with one of the silicone dilators this weekend, and that also worked quite well! Plus, there’s no chance of breakage with the silicone ones, so I highly recommend trying that out.

Heather34
    Participant

This is a great post Vashalla. I bet the Candy Stick or Lelo Liv up against the silicone dilators would be an interesting combo. It also sounds fun to do with my hubby and it’s so important to incorporate FUN into the routine post-procedure. It moves it out of the clinical and mechanical realm and into the more pleasurable and enjoyable. :):):)

eros
    Participant

I recently buy a vibrator. It’s aWe-Vibe 4 plus. I then started to experiment its uses.
    I use it for clitoral stimulation which helps me relax during dilation exercise. I tried putting it on the edge of #4 and #5 of Pure Romance silicone dilators.
    It works quite well. My hubby can now put the tip in with the vibrator on my clitoris which help ease my anxiety towards penetration. Do you know how happy I felt at that time?
    Then I came across this success story: http://www.vaginismusmd.com/vaginismus/dilation/vibrators-and-dilators/
    I’m really excited and look forward to successful penetration soon!
    Hope ladies who are still struggling like I do will try this great tool!

Heather34
    Participant

This is such a wonderful post eros!!!! So, so, so happy for you!!!

CrystalDToys
    Participant

Hi! This is Shellie from Crystal Delights, I wanted to just chime in for a minute on the idea of adding vibration to the glass dilators. You are absolutely ok to safely add vibration to the dilator, I tell people all the time with our plugs to touch the vibrator to the glass and it will transfer the vibration. I don’t recommend that you find a vibrator that fits fully inside the dilator but touching it to the glass is just fine and as you have seen does add an entirely different sensation.

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

I agree with Shellie that just touching the outside of the glass dilator with a vibrator is all that is needed to transmit the vibration internally. Vibration is helpful before and during dilation because it relaxes the pelvic floor. Orgasm is especially helpful to fully relax the pelvic floor and associated pelvic muscles making dilation easier.
    I am working with Shellie to create a direct link to her website to order the glass dilators as well as getting the DVD “Ins and Outs of Dilation”

http://www.vaginismusmd.com/aidsproducts/dilators/pacik-glass-dilators-set-of-3/

Janet Pacik
    Participant

Dr. Pacik is now selling the glass dilators through the company that manufacturers them — Crystal Delight. Here is a link to their product page. You can order the dilators individually or in a set of 3 dilators with or without a pouch.

http://crystaldelights.com/shop/dilators/

Here is the link to his bio on their website

http://crystaldelights.com/us/products/our-dilators-the-whole-story/

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.