The Blessings of Botox in 2014: Part II: The Men Speak

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus for the Men The Blessings of Botox in 2014: Part II: The Men Speak

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Earlier this month, Dr. Pacik wrote a Blog concerning The Blessings of Botox in 2014: http://www.vaginismusmd.com/blessings-botox-2014/#sthash.VDKxGkJM.dpuf

Now, there is a great follow-up to that Blog posted today: The Blessings of Botox in 2014: Part II: The Men Speak:

http://www.vaginismusmd.com/blessings-botox-2014-part-ii-men-speak/

Dr. Pacik writes:

“For years, I have thought of giving men a voice, a place where they can join a community of others who were experiencing what they were experiencing. A place where they could post, tell their side of the story and get advice. A place where they could remove the shackles of isolation and a place where they too could learn and be educated. The Men’s Category of the VaginismusMD does just this. Recently, in 2014, the men have spoken and I wanted to share one patient’s testimonial: “[M]y wife suffered from vaginismus. We met in college, dated for four years, and then were married for twelve years while we battled with vaginismus. While we “had fun”, we were never able to have intercourse and it placed an incredible strain on our marriage. My wife was tearing apart on the inside, it was tough for me too. My wife was not even able to insert a tampon! We attempted physical therapy, and sat through sessions with psychologists. Nothing worked. We lost hope. It almost ended our marriage too. Then we met Dr. Pacik. He changed our lives forever… I struggled for a way to bring it up to my wife, but it found the courage and did. She went to the website and we were shipped a book … Which we each read cover to cover the day we received it. From both of our perspectives, it was our life to a T. We decided to attempt the Botox procedure. We traveled to NH … Nervous, but excited. Hopeful. My wife was put under and I watched the procedure. Dr. Pacik was able to show me, medically, that vaginismus isn’t a mental condition, but a physical one. She woke up with the largest dilator inside of her. She was tired … But changed. We both teared up … She was instantly empowered. Frankly, it was awesome to see her finally feel like she had control of her body. From that day, my wife practiced dilating every day. Approximately two months later, we had successful penetration. Over the past two years, we’ve made up for lost time. It feels so wonderful to connect with my wife emotionally, physically, and mentally. Oh, and we now have a wonderful six month old son!…””

I encourage you to read and welcome your comments and feedback here.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.