Tears of Joy (not sadness for once)

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General Tears of Joy (not sadness for once)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Nakitalab
    Participant

I am so excited and cannot stop the tears of joy from flowing. I just made my appointment for treatment. October 23rd! The hope of making love to my husband, truly making love with no pain is within view after 30 plus years. My sister will be meeting me in Manchester to be by my side. So many emotions I’m feeling right now. Mainly excitement but a little bit of nervousness too. Any advice for a pre-treatment gal would be greatly appreciated!

Allie
    Participant

I go October 23rd for treament also!!!! I am soooo anxious and ready to leave!! I look forward to meeting you!:)

K Howard
    Participant

Nakitalab I am SOOOOOOO happy for you! This will be the best decision you’ve made to help in overcoming vaginismus! From reading your story, I know this has been a long road for you but this procedure is the light at the end of your tunnel! October is right around the corner and will be here before you know it! It is definitely normal to feel nervous! The biggest piece of advise that I can give you would be to trust Dr. Pacik and his team. They truly do have your best interest in all that they do and know their stuff. Also, ask plenty of questions. There is no stupid question. If you’re unclear about something, they will be more than happy to help you figure things out. Lastly, stay with the program after you have the procedure. Sometimes you may not have the best day with the dilators (and that’s okay) just never give up on yourself! Congratulations again!!!

Nakitalab
    Participant

Thank you for the encouragement K. Howard. It means alot and I really appreciate your advice. Allie, I’m looking forward to meeting you on this special day!

Heather34
    Participant

CONGRATULATIONS on booking your appointment and I know you will do AMAZING!

In thinking about specific advice for you, here are some very helpful tips both pre and post procedure from a few of Dr. Pacik’s previous patients:

Patient A:
    Communication: stay connected to your partner through everything – if something hurts or is not comfortable let them know, you don’t want to push it too fast and make your body tense up worse. So, go as slow as you need because the end result will be priceless. Also communicate with the Dr. and staff, they are here to help you and no question is stupid for them. If you have anything on your mind ask and they will guide you, I promise
    Stay positive: you can do it! The procedure will change your life.
    Stick to the program: Dr. P and his staff will give you tips and a schedule of dilation, keep to it so you stay ahead and keep vaginismus away from you forever.

Patient B:
    Trust Dr. Pacik and his team, they are outstanding and are there for you every step of the way.
    Stay informed by doing research so you can be as comfortable as possible going into the procedure.
    Communicate with those around you as well and the staff at the clinic. Communicate with your partner; they want you to get better as much as you do. Communicate with those around you, vaginismus is nothing to be ashamed of and you never know if someone you know is suffering from the same thing. Dr. P and his staff are there to answer questions and comfort you during this whole process.

Patient C:
    Keep a positive mind-set – your life is about to change for good!
    Listen carefully to all instructions given by Dr. Pacik and take notes when needed.
    Dilate diligently: Put 2 hours aside daily to follow the dilation program.

lsmith
    Participant

I am so excited for you! I leave for my treatment this week. I am nervous but excited. I will keep you posted. 🙂

Nakitalab
    Participant

I’m so excited for YOU, lsmith! What day are you going? Please keep us posted ok? Will keep you in my prayers.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.