Tailbone pain

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Chocolate
    Participant

Ladies,
    Has anyone felt aching in the tailbone region when inserting the dilators? I occasionally notice this when inserting #s 5 or, moreso, 6. It’s not tightness or muscular pain per se, as far as I can tell. More of a deep, dull, ache that goes away 1-4 mins after insertion. I do have a retrograde uterus, and wonder if the tilt is causing some pressure back there while I’m inserting the larger dilators. Anyone else felt this before?

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Chocolate. I haven’t experienced this per se, but I found an excellent post from Nakitalab in response to an earlier question about pain/soreness with dilating. In it, she wrote “I found that I was tensing up a lot when I was dilating which in turn made my leg/thigh/butt muscles feel shaky and sore like I had been exercising. While dilating I found myself tense up because I was so nervous and scared about dilating. But each time I would find myself tense I would breathe and talk myself into relaxing. In the beginning I was constantly tensing up while dilating but eventually dilating became second nature and I didn’t tense up.” I know that any lingering soreness that I personally felt with dilating in the first days to week post-procedure disappeared with the more time that I did it as well. I hope this helps. Please know we are all here for you and you are doing AMAZING!!! :):):)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.