Starfish today

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Dr. Pacik
    Participant

Prior to vaginismus treatment our moderator Heather and I frequently exchange emails about the starfish story. Last night she sent me some beautiful glass renditions of colorful starfish for today’s three patients. It is a constant reminder that each person is important. She wrote:

3 beautiful starfish for your 3 vaginismus patients tomorrow!!! All very, very different yet all unique and beautiful!!!

The Starfish Story

Once upon a time, there was a wise man who used to go to the ocean to do his writing. He had a habit of walking on the beach before he began his work.

One day, as he was walking along the shore, he looked down the beach and saw a human figure moving like a dancer. He smiled to himself at the thought of someone who would dance to the day, so he walked faster to catch up.

As he got closer, he noticed that the figure was that of a little girl, and that what she was doing was not dancing at all. The girl was reaching down to the shore, picking up small objects and throwing them into the ocean.
    He came closer still and called out, “Good morning! May I ask what it is that you are doing?” The little girl paused, looked up and replied, “Throwing starfish into the ocean.” “I must ask, then, why are you throwing starfish into the ocean?” asked the somewhat startled wise man. To this the little girl replied, “The sun is up and the tide is going out. If I don’t throw them in, they’ll die.”

Upon hearing this, the wise man commented, “But, young lady, do you not realize that there are miles and miles of beach and there are starfish all along every mile? You can’t possibly make a difference!”

As if she hadn’t heard, the little girl bent down, picked up yet another starfish and threw it into the ocean. As it met the water, she turned, smiled and said, “It made a difference to that one!”

Every day is worth celebrating!

Heather34
    Participant

This is such a great story and constantly reminds me that each person is so, so important. I hope the 3 ladies did great today and, if you are reading this, sending up my support!!!! Sending hugs!!!

KatieG07
    Participant

Great story 🙂 I LOVE starfish!!!!!!

23years
    Participant

Wow. This is what this says to me, “Dr Pacik has given people the statistics. There are thousands of women that suffer in silence and hide behind a veil of secrecy and pain they call vaginisimus. Most members of the medical community aren’t trained or even acknowledge the real condition on both a medical and psychological level. And Dr Pacik, out of thousands and thousands of women, has helped a small percentage, less than 300? Yet he puts ALL his time and his staff puts all their time into making each and every woman feel as if THEY are the only ones that matter. Why?”

“Because it makes a difference to THAT one” (whomever the starfish is that crosses the threshold of his office asking for help). A small drop in a big sea? Perhaps. But priceless in the hearts and souls of every starfish he heals…

23years
    Participant

So on that note, here is a big THANKS from me to Dr Pacik, Heather and crew. It may not ever be the majority BUT it will ALWAYS make a huge difference to “that” one…

Hugs….

Heather34
    Participant

Hugs to you as well!!!!

hereisnowhy
    Participant

This is a wonderful, uplifting and heartwarming story. I can’t wait to get started on my treatment with Dr. Pacik and crew next month!

Heather34
    Participant

This is so, so exciting hereisnowhy and I know everything will go so well for you!!!! :):):)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.