Skipping straight to botox

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General Skipping straight to botox

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    pants1
    Participant

I have had vaginismus for over a decade, and been in a relationship for 7 years, unable to have sex.

I have tried dialators at home without much luck.

I have heard botox has really high success rates, and I want to give this a go before we get married in the next few months. I haven’t done physio led therapy for this, I have heard mixed answers on success rates for this route.

How can I explain to my doctor that I really just want to give botox a go, without having to spend 12+ months waiting around to see if physio is successful? I just want to try and make progress quickly…

mazemelissa

Skipping straight to botox is a very good option for you. You have already tried dilators with no luck, so you for sure need more help.

If you have fear of penetration, doing PT might not be helpful, as you might not be able to allow the practitioner to do the exercises.

Often PT after the Botox procedure is even more beneficial, as you will have already done dilation, and the muscles of the vagina are more relaxed and more easy to manipulate with the botox.

I think Botox is a great option for you, give us a call and we can discuss it further.

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

Pants1, I personally did botox without any kind of physical therapy first. My vaginismus was severe and dilation was a non-option; I couldn’t even let a dilator get near me without trying to scuttle off the table, so I needed the extra help. After getting botox I stuck to a dilation plan and was able to have sex 20 days after my procedure. I truly don’t think anything else would have worked, and there’s nothing at all wrong with wanting to go with a procedure that’s proven so effective for so many women. I highly, HIGHLY recommend it. Oh, and congrats on your upcoming wedding!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.