Should I buy a vibrator before my procedure?

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Aids Should I buy a vibrator before my procedure?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Hi ladies. In a prior post, the following exchange occured:

“Hi Heather, I talked with Dr. Pacik a week ago and he told me that I should buy a vibrator before my procedure to help with dilation afterwards. I have level 5 vaginismus and was wondering if you used a vibrator to help with your dilation and if so, did you bring it to your procedure in New Hampshire? My husband and I are talking about going together to find one but I have absolutely no clue what would be good. I really need a tutorial! 🙂 Just wondering what your experience is with this and if I need one before the procedure.

Hi Walker. This is such a good question. Thank you for posting. I didn’t actually bring a vibrator to my procedure last year but I think it’s such a great idea. I think it would work great for distraction and relaxation to make dilating even easier. Following the procedure, I got an excellent small vibrator from “We Vibe” … It is very well made and has 7 speeds. I used it often along with dilating and intercourse as it worked for distraction/relaxation.”

For the ladies who did bring a vibrator to your procedure or purchased one afterwards, what suggestions do you have here?

Janet Pacik
    Participant

We now carry the WeVibe Tango and Touch at our office for our patients to purchase. There isn’t really a need to go out and buy one ahead of time. If you already own a vibrator, it is a good idea to bring it along with you. We have found that these vibrating sexual aids can be very useful in the treatment of vaginismus allowing for relaxation during dilation and helping the transition from dilators to intercourse. A number of vaginismus aids are introduced during the post-procedure counseling session to help women advance from dilators to enjoyable sex. For more information on the We Vibe Tango or Touch, please visit our website.

http://www.vaginismusmd.com/vaginismus/vaginismus-aids/we-vibe-sexual-aids/

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

We learned from our own patients the value of using a vibrator to help relax for dilation. We have been impressed with the We Vibe vibrators because of their small size and durability.

Other aids to relaxing while dilating is to dilate in a warm bathtub, playing your favorite music, thinking about a favorite smell (such as freshly baked chocolate chip cookies) and much more that we discuss during the counseling session after vaginismus treatment. Women suffering from vaginismus are terrified about using dilators, yet with perseverance most go through this process quite well and go on to success with intercourse.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.