Severe Cramping while dilating

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Dilating Severe Cramping while dilating

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    klove
    Participant

Hi Allie,

Thank you so much for the response. I really appreciate it. I try to be aware of how my body is reacting while I am dilating. Did you also have pain inside while you had the dilator in? I could possibly be clinching up, but it is hard to tell. I hope that is all it is! 🙂

Thank you for the Congrats! I hope I am able to accept intercourse like all you veterans! My husband tried touching me and I automatically went into exorcism mode which is what I like to call it since my body kind of goes into a weird position with my body leaned up and my head bent backwards lol. It feels like I have no control and someone just took control! I am getting a little better, but I tend to be hard on myself sometimes.

Allie
    Participant

Hi:) I remember cramping up pretty bad after my procedure when I returned home & started dilating myself. I believe my cramping was due to me tensing up. I would know because my butt would also be clinched tight when dilating. I had to constantly keep telling myself to relax my body. Easier said then done, but it gets better! Tighten up your toes then relax them, tighten up your fist then relax them. Keep doing that throughout your body(while dilating). It always helped me! Even during intercourse. You will NOT fail! Sounds like you are doing so great! Congrats on getting #5 in! That’s awesome!

Allie

klove
    Participant

Hi Allie,

Thank you so much for the response. I really appreciate it. I try to be aware of how my body is reacting while I am dilating. Did you also have pain inside while you had the dilator in? I could possibly be clinching up, but it is hard to tell. I hope that is all it is! 🙂

Thank you for the Congrats! I hope I am able to accept intercourse like all you veterans! My husband tried touching me and I automatically went into exorcism mode which is what I like to call it since my body kind of goes into a weird position with my body leaned up and my head bent backwards lol. It feels like I have no control and someone just took control! I am getting a little better, but I tend to be hard on myself sometimes.

Allie
    Participant

I did have pain inside for a while at first, until I realized it was because I was so tense. I used to only dilate while laying in bed, I would notice not only my butt being clinched tight but also my lower back arched. I wasn’t even meaning to! Just a normal reaction when your body is not used to having something inside! I started to venture out on the couch while dilating, even vacuuming(which was very interesting lol). But the more I kept my self busy I noticed I wasn’t as tense and would not even feel the dilator inside! I never dilate while I’m on my cycle and to this day(almost 2 years later) when I dilate after a taking a week or so off it can be a little painful at first, but the longer I leave the dilator in and relax my bottom I forget it’s even inside!

I know what you mean by “exorcism” mode! Ha! That describes it perfectly! I used to do the same thing to my husband! Don’t be so hard on yourself. It will take longer emotionally to catch up where you are physically. Keep doing what you’re doing! And remember you will have good days with dilating and bad days! Some days I would dilate(or try to!) and I would have a hard time inserting or couldn’t leave it in long. It can be frustrating, but just celebrate the good days! You are taking control of your body one day at a time!

klove
    Participant

Thank you Allie! You make me feel better. I will pay attention to how I react tonight when I am dilating. I hope it works because these cramps are overwhelming and make me nauseas. UHHH I can not wait until I reach the next stage!

klove
    Participant

I was diagnosed with Ovarian cysts awhile ago when they did an ultrasound and then attempted to do a transvaginal ultrasound. Do you think that could be the culprit if this does not work?

Allie
    Participant

It very well good be!! I don’t know too much about ovarian cysts but could defintiely be the culprit..

eros
    Participant

For me, breathing deeply, tightening & relaxing my muscle and making use of aromatherapy oil massage on tummy and inside of my legs have helped me greatly.
    One thought helps: as long as we persist dilating every day, 5 minutes would help, right?
    Klove, you gave yourself too much stress.
    As Allie said, there’re good days and bad days. We gotta learn to listen to our inner voice and forgive ourselves.

klove
    Participant

I am doing better. I was able to keep #5 in longer. I was not able to keep #6 in longer than 5 seconds, due to the severe pain. However, we ended up putting in my vibrator which is bigger and more comfortable. So, I am making progress.

Eros, I do not feel that I was giving myself too much stress. I have a horrible background with sexual abuse, etc and to even think of putting something in me still scares me. I am very nervous, but I am getting there. I don’t think the girls are stressing themselves out….. I think it has more to do with the anxiety and fear that is impossible to avoid to a point. Eventually, it can disappear.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.