Renewed hope

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Reese
    Participant

Hello all,

I’m Reese, and it is a pleasure to meet you. If you are reading this, you probably suffer from the same condition as I do, or have a loved one that does. Most vaginismus patients that have found this proccedure have gone through years of failed attempts at treatment, and have thought there would never be a cure for us. What an earth-shattering moment it was when I found this website. Reading through so many stories that sounds like the story my life has written has brought me to tears time and again. I finally found people that completely understand what I am going through! And most importantly, I have found a doctor that doesn’t give me a “Have a drink” speech or tells me “It’s all in your head”.

To all the women who have suffered with vaginismus without your voice being heard for so long, I have the utmost respect for your courage, tenacity, and strength. There are times where I thought my life would never involve sex, and I would get so depressed and resentful that I can’t experience such an important part of life. However, for the women that have never given up, we now have a cure for this horribly painful condition because of you. Thank you.

As it states in my profile, I am 23 years old and have been suffering from vaginismus for 7 years. Although I recognized an issue when I was 11 years old, after trying tampons. I have tried what feels like everything. I’ve seen more doctors than I can keep track of, and still have failed in resolving my condition. I am scheduling my procedure for September, and am excited and hopeful that this is the missing puzzle piece of my treatment.

Allie
    Participant

Hi Reese! It is an amazing feeling to have hope again! I will be thinking of you and praying for you. Keep us posted on your treatement! I go for treatment in November, so I would love to hear how things go for you and if you have any advice for me! You will overcome this!

Allie:)

Diana
    Participant

Reese,

Congratulations on booking your procedure! I scheduled mine about a year ago and had it done on September, 2011. After suffering from vaginismus for more than 14 years and going through every treatment available, I was able to have sex two months after my procedure! Today, my hubby and I are enjoying painless intercourse and a happy sex life, something that seemed so unreachable after 7 years of marriage. You’ll do great!!! Looking forward to hearing about your experience.

Reese
    Participant

Allie,

I will absolutely keep you posted on my experience with the treatment! I scheduled it for September 18, and am counting down the days 🙂 I would love to hear how you are doing as well. Glad to know we are in this together! I will be thinking of you and praying for you as well.

Diana,

Every time I hear an outcome like yours it sparks a fire in me and makes me believe all over again that this treatment can be the solution I’ve been wanting for so long. I am so happy to hear that everything is going great for you. Did you continue to dilate on a regular basis? If so, do you mind if I ask you how often?

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Reese. Welcome to the forum and thank you for your post. You wrote “I have tried what feels like everything … I’ve seen more doctors than I can keep track of … I am excited and hopeful that this is the missing puzzle piece of my treatment.” First, I am so sorry that you had to visit so many different doctors. Second, I know that this is the one treatment that works and it WILL work for you. I, too, tried countless treatments and visited so many different doctors. I also ordered the workbook from vaginismus.com and tried to do dilating on my own to no avail. I could never insert anything and was extremely anxious that I ever would be able to. And, it WORKED (Thank God and Thank Dr. P). My hubby and I were able to achieve intercourse a week after the procedure and now have a pain-free and enjoyable sex life. I, again, KNOW this treatment works and it will work very well for you and I love the title of your post – renewed hope! Finding this treatment and a true cure for vaginismus was the best thing in the world for us! Can’t wait to read more of your posts.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.