Please help Me – problems after botox

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General Please help Me – problems after botox

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Caroline20
    Participant

Hello
    My name is Caroline. I am not from U.S. so please forgive me if my English is not good enough.
    I have done my Botox 7 days ago but dilation doesn’t go well. I still have problems to put something inside.
    Well it gets easier after the alcohol – but this is not the way it should be done.
    Could you please help me? I have a meeting with a physiotherapist next week but I feel I should have made a little progress.
    What is your advice?
    Kind regards
    Caroline

mazemelissa

The Botox does take two weeks until it is at its peak effectiveness. So seeing the PT next week is ideal timing. Sounds like you still have some anxiety around penetration if alcohol helps the dilation process, as the alcohol is helping your body relax. I think working regularly with the PT is going to be essential, as well as finding a better way to reduce your anxiety about penetration. Anti anxiety medication can be helpful, as well as meditation and breathing exercises. I would start with small dilators and get comfortable with insertion of a small size over and over. Then work your way up with the PT.

Keep us posted.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.