newcomer pls help me

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General newcomer pls help me

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    sweety
    Participant

Hi,

I am new to this forum. I found this today. I am pretty excited and truly believe that i can overcome it. I have question i wanted to know according to Lamonts classification which degree of vaginismus i have. Kindly help me to find out i write my fellings below.

I am not fearful for the intercourse but when he tried to penetrate me, it was extremely painful. So i cry and push him. I dont like to try again. I have to make up myself for the dialators i pretty much fearful looking at them. Also fearful i see his dick. Only very few times i like to explore more and try to exercises more.

Which degree of vaginismus i have?

And i dislike sex because of this. I came to try out since i feel guilty about my partner and also i want a child. Is it common do i like sex if i achieve painless intercourse?

The burning sensation when entering is it because of dryness or the muscle tear or because of infection? How can i overcome it?

Kindly support me i have just started the dialation course myself.

Heather34
    Participant

Hi sweety. Welcome to the Forum and thank you for your post. I am so sorry for your struggles with vaginismus. I, too, struggled with primary vaginismus for 11+ years in the past and was cured in June of 2011 after receiving Dr. Pacik’s Botox Treatment Program. If you haven’t already contacted the office, I would very much encourage you to do so. Dr. Pacik is incredibly knowledgeable about every single aspect of vaginismus and he understands what we all have been through. He, Janet, Ellen, and all of the staff are also all incredibly supportive and they help hundreds of women to overcome vaginismus. It always amazes me that women discover this treatment; travel from all over the world (i.e. Ireland, England, Africa, New Zealand, Australia, India, etc.); and they are cured from this condition following treatment. What you describe about your experiences of painful penetration is how I felt as well in the past while having this condition. I felt like every time my husband would try to insert himself, it was like he was hitting a brick wall and it was simply impossible to get past this and it caused excruciating pain/burning for me. This, in turn, caused a similar reaction as you describe and we both no longer wanted to even try b/c of the pain associated with it. The thing that surprised the both of us is after waking up from the procedure and practicing with the dilators, this wall of resistance (“the great wall” as my hubby called it) was no longer there and, thus, I no longer experienced pain or burning when inserting all of the sized dilators as well as my husband. Within 7 days, we were able to transition to pain-free intercourse. It took us a while to become used to intercourse and experimentation with different positions to discover what we both liked. But, making love did go from mechanical to phenomenal or at least very, very pleasurable post-procedure and after quite a bit of practice. I hope this reply helps you and, again, I would definitely suggest contacting the office and working with Dr. Pacik. I was always so disgusted with doctors and their general lack of knowledge about vaginismus prior to calling the office and I was so pleasantly surprised that Dr. Pacik and his staff understood the condition and what we had gone through leading up to that phone call. Please know that we are all here to support you.

sweety
    Participant

Dear Heather34,

Thanks a lot for the support and the story.
    Hope i will also comeout of it soon. I am practising the dilation course. And i feel its getting better each time.

Heather34
    Participant

Hi sweety. I know you will come out of it and please know we are all here to support you along your journey of overcoming! Sending you hugs!!!

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

Sweety-I thought I would give you some specifics regarding the questions you posted. These are all appropriate questions.
    Classifying the severity of vaginismus: You can read more information about classifying the severity of vaginismus by linking to http://www.vaginismusmd.com/vaginismus/lamont-classification/
    You can also contact my office and fill out a questionnaire. I would be happy to evaluate it for you and give you my thoughts about the severity of your vaginismus. I feel this is very important to get the right treatment; if you have severe vaginismus to not waste your time with treatments that are likely to fail.
    Disliking sex: Many women with vaginismus dislike sexual encounters because of pain and the constant reminder of feeling like a failure. Some actually have disgust issues. The constant threat of pain causes a slow deterioration of libido.
    Burning is a common complaint of vaginismus. Whenever a tight or spastic muscle is forcefully stretched (anywhere in the body) the pain is described as “burning” and may last for hours and sometimes days after attempted intercourse.
    Perhaps some of the others could add their comments.

Nakitalab
    Participant

Hi sweety, I’m so glad that you found this website and Forum. I am 53 years old and suffered with Vaginismus for over 32 years. Intercourse was extremely painful for me, which intense burning and most of the time it was like my body was putting up shield and would not let my husband penetrate. I tried every type of procedure under the sun without success until I found Dr. Pacik last year and had the procedure in October. I had lost all hope and was sure that it wouldn’t work for me. The combination of the Botox and Dr. Pacik’s daily dilation program worked for me and I am able to have pain free intercourse with my husband as well I am able to have GYN exams. I still can’t believe it! It is awesome that you have started the dilating program. We are all here for you!

sweety
    Participant

Thanks Nakitalab for the support and positive story. I would soon write a story soon to encourage the new comers.

Dr. Pacik, Thanks for the reply.
    Burning sensation is there only for few seconds but it is there every first time i try to insert something. I dont have any symptoms of infection.What it could be?

And when i am inserting even the smallest one, i have to spread the sides of the vagina wide. if not i cannot insert anything. what it is is my vagina too small or i keep it closed or the hymen is thicker? I do the insertions keeping my legs wide open. I donot know how wide it has to be.
    Even if i keep my leags wide open i have to spread the vagina with two fingers to insert anything. why is it? Kindly please explain me?

Thank you

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

The burning is due to the stretch of the inner vaginal muscles beyond their normal range of comfort. For a muscle that is in spasm, the ability for any stretch is very limited and therefore any penetration results in severe burning sometimes described as a searing pain. The fallout is a slow contempt for anything sexual.

The symptoms you describe: And when i am inserting even the smallest one, i have to spread the sides of the vagina wide. if not i cannot insert anything. what it is is my vagina too small or i keep it closed or the hymen is thicker? I do the insertions keeping my legs wide open. I donot know how wide it has to be. Even if i keep my leags wide open i have to spread the vagina with two fingers to insert anything. why is it?
    are typical of spasm of the entry muscle and the feeling

Quote:
    their is no hole down there

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.