New Blog: Painful Sex

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Hi ladies. There is an excellent new blog posted today, titled: Painful Sex:

http://www.vaginismusmd.com/painful-sex/

Excerpts from the blog include:

“It is important to distinguish between the many different causes of sexual pain. Given the proper information we have found that patients are able to self diagnose vaginismus as a cause of sexual pain. A high percentage of vaginismus patients respond to the Botox program giving permanent relief to their condition.”

In reading this blog, it reminded me of the pain I experienced while having vaginismus and how I received the incorrect diagnosis of vulvodynia as I was unable to allow the gynecologist to even come close to examining me and felt a burning sensation with any touch. I later came to realize that this was, in fact, just an intense fear and anxiety reaction as I was cured from vaginismus following Dr. Pacik’s Botox treatment and later was able to have entirely pain-free ob/gyn exams. I would encourage you to read the blog and welcome your comments and feedback.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.