New Blog: I Have a Dream

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Daily Questions About Vaginismus New Blog: I Have a Dream

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Hi ladies. There is an excellent new blog posted today titled: I Have a Dream.

http://www.vaginismusmd.com/i-have-a-dream/

In it, Dr. Pacik writes:

“With more than 200 members posting more than 800 messages involving more than 200 topics, the VaginismusMD Forum is truly a dream come true. The VaginismusMD Forum means so much to all of us. It provides a sense of community where no one is judged and no question is stupid. It allows everyone to bare their soul and ask anything about the many handicaps of living with vaginismus. It means not living in isolation. It is a source of education. It allows us to share experiences. It means having support after treatment, so that progress towards goals can be made whether rapid or tedious.”

He goes on to note the true importance of having dreams. He writes:

“I too have dreams. I dream of the day vaginismus is taught in medical school. I dream that one day any doctor that is involved with sexual concerns is properly prepared for this. I dream of the day my patients don’t have to visit with 8-10 GYN’s to get a diagnosis. I dream of the day I no longer read about suicidal thoughts from my patients. I dream that someday everyone will be familiar with vaginismus and that it will be as easy to speak about as erectile dysfunction. I dream that someday my email does not get blocked because the subject line has the word vaginismus, a variant of the word vagina, and gets spammed. I dream that someday we will have an international organization dedicated to the welfare of vaginismus patients. That fund raisers, advocacy programs and public awareness will raise money for continued research in this field and to help those who cannot afford their treatment. I dream of the many children, yet unborn, that will be the pride and joy of their families.”

This is such a wonderful and inspiring blog to read.

Dr. Pacik concludes by asking you the following:

“To all my wonderful ladies out there, do you have dreams? Please share your dreams with us so we can help make them come true. So that you will have the knowledge and the power to conquer, to achieve your goals. Tell us about your dreams!”

K Howard
    Participant

I tell you, the part in which Dr. Pacik talks specifically about his dreams just brings me to tears….”I dream of the day I no longer read about suicidal thoughts from my patients…I dream of the many children, yet unborn, that will be the pride and joy of their families.” Wow! The first part takes me back to a place that I pray I would never find myself in again and hope that no one else ever does but I know first hand that dealing with Vaginismus can bring you there but with Dr. Pacik’s dream becoming a reality, women around the world definitely don’t have to stay there! I too share in that particular dream and want information about Vaginismus to be more readily available to women. I dream of a time in which doctors won’t think a woman is crazy and tell her to just get over it already because they are not educated enough in the area of have never heard of it before.

Definitely my biggest dream right now is becoming a mother. I love children and have many nieces/nephews and even have great-nephews but I’m sure there is nothing like carrying, giving birth to and holding your own child for the very first time. Goodness, I’m welling up again just at the thought of the possibility that this will happen for me and my husband. I know that there have been many success stories of this happening and I happened to have surgery nearly 3 years ago with a woman who went on to have a baby boy, so I know that it is definitely possible. I can’t wait to share pictures of our bundle of joy!

Allie
    Participant

WoW. Just read the blog and started crying my eyes out. I agree with you K Howard, my biggest dream is becoming a mother. I too have a beautiful niece and nephew and have always loved children. I knew that I was in a very bad place dealing with vaginismus because at one point I was literally shutting that dream out of my head. I was telling myself that I would NEVER be able to become mother.

This may seem crazy, but I am constantly daydreaming about the moment when I hold my first child in my arms with my husband by my side. I know it WILL happen for me. Its an amazing feeling have HOPE! 🙂

Allie
    Participant

Its an amazing feeling “to” have hope! 🙂

Heather34
    Participant

I agree with you 100% K. Howard and Allie and both of your posts brought tears to my eyes! I, too, dream of the day that my husband and I are able to hold our first child. It’s so wonderful to be able to dream of this day and to have the hope that we will one day be parents, something that neither one of us could’ve ever imagined before having this procedure. It is the best feeling in the world to have HOPE. :):):)

silverperl
    Participant

Dr. Pacik couldn’t have summed up things any better. I can say as an expectant mother (due in January) that 3 years ago before I had my procedure I worried I would never see myself as a mother. Now that I am reaching this dream, my dream is that my future children will never have to struggle with vaginismus because even if they have it doctors will know exactly how to help them. They will not have see multiple doctors and feel like they are crazy or making things up.

For all of you ladies waiting to be Moms it WILL happen and be possible! You are all amazing and courageous women and all your hard work and struggle will be rewarded!

Heather34
    Participant

@silverperl – CONGRATULATIONS to you!!! This is so, so touching and very inspiring to read!!! :):):)

silverperl
    Participant

Thanks, Heather! We are through the roof with excitement. I have been inspired by so many stories from Dr. Pacik’s patients glad I can give a little back. 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.