New Blog: 20 Tips for Future Patients – Part I

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Tips for Future Vaginismus Patients New Blog: 20 Tips for Future Patients – Part I

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Hi ladies. There is an excellent new blog posted concerning the first 10 Tips in our 20 Tips for Future Patients. This is a wonderful, wonderful resource for those awaiting their procedures.

http://www.vaginismusmd.com/20-tips-for-future-patients-part-i/

I would encourage you to visit the thread and add your own tip. Right now, we are up to #12 … lets work our way towards 20, 50, or even 100 of our most helpful tips.

http://www.vaginismusmd.com/vaginismus-md-forum/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=336

Anonymous

Are there any pictures that show you how to insert the different size dilators? What if they will not go in because they need to be inserted a certain way?

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

There is no special way to insert dilators. The dilator is angled towards the rectum and then curves up towards the cervix. There are many ways this can be done, including lying down, a squatting position or having one leg on a chair. Another method of insertion is to “screw” it in much like the rotation of a screw. It is always good to have your partner help you to give up some of the control when preparing for intercourse. Any position for intercourse can be used during the dilation process. Light thrusting of the dilator can also be done by your partner when you are ready.

Any other comments from our ladies?

Nakitalab
    Participant

Hi bubbly77, when I first started dilating I found that sitting up on the bed (my back propped up with pillows while watching tv) was the most comfortable for me. I use lots of surgi-lube and slowly insert the dilator. When I felt like it wouldn’t go in I would leave the dilator there and take deep breaths and do a couple of kegel exercises and tried again, applying a little more pressure. After awhile it seemed to go in a little bit more each time.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.