Nervous Newbie

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    k_risse
    Participant

Nervous,but excited! Ive looked into this long enough and I’m finally ready to do this. Still a virgin,no penetration ever. January will make 4 years ive been with my amazing boyfriend! He’s been patient with me through this but im really ready to take our relationship to the next level. He’s in the navy,going on an 8 month deployment soon…and just like many times before we couldnt achieve sex. He’s supportive but its really disappointing for me. When he gets back we’re getting married and i dont want this to continue to be stop us from making love. we’ve tried so many things and talked to other people but no one understands. A couple months ago i talked to Dr.Pacik,filled out the forms and everything so i feel confident this is what i need to do,other things have come up since then but this has never left my mind…finally introducing myself. ive read some of the forums and everyones so encouraging! seems like the right place for me…

By the way my name is Kim, 😉

Bitesize
    Participant

Nice to meet you, I’m new too!! 🙂 x

Nakitalab
    Participant

Hi Kim, I’m so excited that you found Dr. Pacik and the Forum! It is so great that your boyfriend has been so supportive and loving. You couldn’t have found a more professional, empathetic, compassionate team of professionals who truly understand how Vaginismus takes over our life both physically and mentally. I suffered with it for most of my teen/adult life, with 31 years of that being married. I had my procedure in October and what a blessing it has been ever since! I truly felt that there was no hope for me at age 52. We are all here for you, Kim. You are not alone and we all are walking alongside you cheering you on and supporting you in whatever way that we can through sharing and caring. Having Dr. Pacik’s treatment will be life changing for you. I promise!

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Kim. Welcome to the Forum and thank you so, so much for your post. Thank your boyfriend so much for his service to our country. I think it’s so exciting that you are getting married when he returns – huge Congrats. I also think it’s so wonderful that you are going to have the treatment. I often read what Chocolate (forum member) wrote about the joys of finally jumping into the pool and having the treatment and later being able to successfully make love to her husband. It’s simply amazing and one of the best decisions that I’ve ever personally made. I had my procedure a couple of years ago (June 2011) and my hubby and I were able to make love within 7 days and continue to enjoy this entirely pain-free (thank God and thank Dr. P for providing this cure that we searched so long for). I look fwd to reading more of your posts and you have definitely found the right place for tremendous support through all of your ups, downs, and entire journey in overcoming vaginismus!

k_risse
    Participant

I know im late but thanks everyone! Finances are the only thing holding me back but im definitely looking into the programs that can help! I will try to get on here more,nothing but positive energy and I love it!

Nakitalab
    Participant

We are all here for you, k_risse!!

Bitesize
    Participant

Best of luck with it all Kim. Everyone here is behind you all the way (: x

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

I have a number of patients whose husbands are in the military. Deployment adds another dimension of difficulty in that patients wonder if they should wait to have treatment after their honey returns home. In some ways it is easier to progress with the dilators when there is no pressure for intercourse. The post procedure counseling sets the stage for understanding how to transition from dilators to intercourse. My staff and I are always ready to assist with last minute instructions if there is anxiety related to this. It is possible to overcome vaginismus prior to getting married.
    Diane, who is a third party biller, is very understanding of the insurance needs of my patients and has been effective in advocating for them. Patients with insurance through the military have had coverage.
    Let us know how you are doing.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.