Maze Mens Sexual & Reproductive Health
December 18, 2015 at 11:23 am #9417Heather34Moderator
Hi all. Dr. Pacik has discussed this in day 2 of the vaginismus treatment program that men may have erectile dysfunction that co-occurs with their partner’s vaginismus. Specifically, he writes:
“ED appears to affect about 20% of the men who share the struggles of vaginismus and can affect younger as well as older men. The combination of performance anxiety and not wanting to hurt their loved ones appear to be factors. This is usually short lived and men are able to return to normal functioning quickly. When it persists it can be of value to do a cardiac exam. There are recent findings that ED has a high association with premature heart disease. Another factor in temporary ED is the clinical setting of dilation. Men function through their erotic emotions and this does not necessarily include dilators! It is for this reason that time is spent during the post procedure counseling of how to remove the clinical and bring in the sexy. We speak about what goes into going out for a date and what sexy might mean to the couples. Incorporating “toys” into their play activity is another way of bringing in the sexy.”
He has also written an excellent Blog on the topic:
Transitioning to Intercourse and Understanding Erectile Dysfunction
Now, vaginismus patients are being referred and treated at Maze Women’s Sexual Health. I also wanted to share with you the link for Maze Men’s Sexual & Reproductive Health. They address ED as well as several other areas of concern regarding men’s sexual and reproductive health.July 20, 2016 at 4:50 pm #19537Heather34Moderator
Hi all. In a recent Blog from Middlesex MD, there was an excellent article concerning ED that I wanted to share:
“So, in the interest of a vigorous sex life for both of you, here’s my short list of natural cures for ED.
1. Exercise. According to Zachary Mucher, MD, a urologist in Sugar Land, Texas, of all the interventions for ED, “Exercise works on several fronts to combat the development of ED and help reverse it once it has become a problem,” says Dr. Mucher in this article. Moderate daily exercise improves cardiovascular health, keeps weight in check, and it can help medication for ED work more effectively. It releases nitric oxide in the blood, which is how Viagra works, and it improves testosterone levels. Darned good bang for the buck, I’d say.
2. Do kegels. Yes, you read this right. What’s good for the goose, and all that. A toned pelvic floor in menstrengthens the bulbocavernosus muscle, which is associated with sexual performance. Just think, you and your man could warm up for your daily two-mile walk with a couple sets of kegels. Squeeze and hold the muscles that stop the stream of urine for 5 seconds at least 10 times. That’s a set, and that’s also togetherness.
3. Healthy diet. You know the drill: lots of fruits and veggies; whole grains; less red meat and more fish; way less sugar and fat. Maintaining a healthy weight is another critical element of sexual function.Obesity is a well-known contributor to ED and also a predictor of less sex. In one oft-cited study, men with 32-inch waists were half as likely to have ED as those with 42-inch waistlines. (I’m thinking they were also younger.)
4. Stop smoking and drinking. These habits are strongly linked to ED. Smoking compromises the cardiovascular system and drinking suppresses neurological function. Both need to be in optimal order for good sexual function.
5. Natural supplements. Any health food store will carry a dizzying array of treatments for ED. Before straying too far down this path (some herbal supplements come with their own side effects and drug interactions), let me suggest some safe and easy “natural” supplements that have some basis in science.
• Nutritional Supplement is essentially vitamins for cardiovascular health, because, as I said, cardiovascular health is linked to sexual performance for both men and women. I like the reports I’ve read from clinical evaluations, which showed improvements after 90 days of Stronvivo use.
• Vitamin B12. Deficiency in this vitamin is linked to ED. Take a supplement and eat foods rich in B12, such as fish and red meat. (Here’s your excuse for a steak.)
• Watermelon juice. Dubbed “nature’s Viagra,” watermelon is high in citrulline, which improves blood flow to the penis. This is an easy, healthy way to ingest some vitamin C along with a good dose of sex supplement.
• Red ginseng. A type of ginseng root that is steamed and dried. Several studies suggest that ginseng helps with ED. It is also safe.
Did you notice that every one of these interventions for erectile dysfunction are good for both of you? In fact, this regimen could be considered a powerful and fundamental aphrodisiac for everyone.”June 16, 2017 at 1:16 am #21109sams740Participant
I Agree your Post, today lots of men are suffering with Erectile dysfunction problem. You give a nice suggestion in the last point. Water melon juice. It is act as the natural generic viagra pills. It boost the men sexual health. Lots of men are following this steps to boost their stamina and strength.June 26, 2018 at 3:50 am #23088AnonymousInactive
Precaution is always better than cure. ED is very common problem men face today, though many men opt for medication to treat impotence and generic levitra to overcome impotence.July 2, 2018 at 4:30 am #23110jamescooperParticipant
Millions of men around the world are seeking for the help because of the erectile dysfunction which is associated because of the physical health problems like diabetes, heart diseases, overweight etc. The treatment of the erectile dysfunction is possible with the help of Viagra. It is necessary to talk with the doctor about the health complications before taking this product.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.