Making dilation easier?

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General Making dilation easier?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    littletamara
    Participant

My PT told me that to make insertion easier during dilation, she tells women to masturbate and stop right before they are going to have an orgasm. I’ve been doing this since a few weeks and it does seems to be easier to insert the dilators! Are you guys aware of this technique or is my PT the only one who knows this ‘secret’? 🙂

Caroline20
    Participant

Do you mean masturbation with clitories or by putting your fingers inside? For me personally putting one finger inside is so painful (I am already after Botox procedure), but touching my clitoris has been (and is still) very nice

mazemelissa

I encourage any practice that can help the body relax, so masturbation, I would assume clitoral stimulation over vaginal penetration, would help some women for sure.
    I also think hot baths, meditation, deep breathing exercises, progressive muscle relaxation are also good techniques to try before dilation.

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

Back when I was dilating (this was after i’d had the botox procedure), I definitely found it to be true that it was easier to insert a dilator if I was somewhat aroused – my body just “opened up” more to something being inserted and encountered less resistance. I definitely recommend it and am glad your PT has told you about it as well!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.