Lubrication Sensitivity

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Aids Lubrication Sensitivity

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Hi ladies. Emily writes:

“I have been using lubricants for the past 24 years with any attempted penetration experience, either sexual or even using a tampon. I have found that over the years, I have developed sensitivity to most lubricants. I have tried KY, Slippery Stuff, Astroglide, and other brands whose name I now forget. When using these lubricants, I would feel an uncomfortable sensation on my vaginal skin. Sometimes it was an itchy sensation and sometimes I had an inflammatory reaction where it felt like the vaginal skin was so swollen that my whole vagina was closed off. My skin would feel hot and “burny.” I kept trying different lubrications, but always had some sort of adverse reaction. Then I did an online search for natural lubricants and came across a product called “Yes.” It is made in England and comes in a gel or oil based formula. I ordered a sample kit so I could try both the gel and the oil based lubricant. I have to say that I honestly love this product. I have no more symptoms when using the “Yes” lubricants. The oil based product is great for sleeping with a dilator inserted because it kept the vaginal tissue moist and subtle. The gel style lubrication is great for daily dilation and intercourse. “Yes” products can be found easily through an online search and the company will ship the product worldwide. I highly recommend trying the sample pack to get started so you can try both types of the product. They have convenient travel size packaging available as well as larger size bottles for daily use.”

Lou
    Participant

These are really useful posts – thank you! I have noticed stinging with some of the lubricants – astroglide & ky jelly in particular. so it is reassuring to know I’m not alone in suffering discomfort. I will have a look for the yes brand – this is really useful as I’ve tried several different lubricants. Sylk has been comfortable for me too if anyone has seen that one.

jlawl
    Participant

Thanks for these posts!! I have had the similar problems as well as problems with the lubricant on most condoms (pre-birth control pills). I definitely want to look into purchasing this brand for myself!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.