Large Dilators for Large Partners

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Dilating Large Dilators for Large Partners

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Hi all. There is an excellent new blog posted regarding large dilators for large partners:

http://www.vaginismusmd.com/vaginismus-dilating/

Excerpts from the Blog include:

“A frequently asked question is “How much dilation is needed to achieve pain free intercourse?”. This is determined by the partner’s size. It is simply a matter of adequate stretching of the vaginal muscles to comfortably achieve penetration with a large partner.

Pacik glass dilators in sizes #7 and #8 are available for women who have large partners. Once the number 6 dilator is comfortable women are able to advance to the larger dilators. Though this may seem impossible early after vaginismus treatment this progression can be achieved by those patients who require larger dilation.

Forum Commentary: “I’m not sure I would have had the confidence to attempt intercourse if I hadn’t dilated with the glass seven for the weeks prior to our first attempt at intercourse. It really seemed to help relieve some anxiety going into that first attempt knowing that I had successfully dilated with the glass seven. When I first transitioned to the seven, I dilated a little longer with the glass #6 beforehand and made sure to use the lidocaine/lube mix.””

I encourage you to read the Blog and welcome your comments and feedback here.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.