Is this normal?

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    lydiap
    Participant

I’ve been diagnosed with vaginismus when I turned 29, and I immediately started following therapy, which I’ve been doing for a year now. I finally got the message from my therapist I can start having PIV sex with my partner.

However, since the moment I’ve said to him we can start trying, things seem to go completely wrong when it comes to his ejaculation. We never had PIV sex before so it’s all a bit new to us but as soon I guide his penis towards my vagina with my hand so he can penetrate me, he starts ejaculating. He can’t even get in (and no, he’s not able to go for a second round). It seems like his penis is knowing what is about to happen… is this normal and what can we do about this?

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

Hi lydiap – this is very normal! For partners who have not had a lot of sexual experience or who are getting an opportunity to have intercourse after a long break, the experience can often be so overwhelming that they ejaculate prematurely.It’s inconvenient for you but definitely fixable. Could you have your partner masturbate perhaps earlier in the day when you plan to have sex (maybe a couple of hours before) so he has more stamina for when the moment for actual intercourse comes? See if this helps!

lydiap
    Participant

Yes we tried that before but after masturbation his libido dives below 0 and it takes a while before he’s ready for action again. So that’s not really a solution.

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

What happens if you try to have intercourse a day after, for example? Is he just as sensitive and prone to premature ejaculation?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.