I’m not finding anything relatable

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General I’m not finding anything relatable

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ma.delin.e
    Participant

Hey there I’m 18 and I have been newly diagnosed with vestibulitis and vaginismus. I got my first period when I was 9 and remember like many of you had the painful burning think your doing it wrong tampon situation. After by diagnosis a few days ago, I started looking into it online and so much of what I am finding is…
    I had sex and it was painful
    I had a strict upbringing and that’s the cause
    And I’m having a hard time because I’m going to start PFPT soon and I know there are different degrees of vaginismus but absolutely nothing can be inserted in my vagina, like even through pin it’s just a wall and it’s always been like that.
    Just wondering if that’s anyone else…
    because I’m feeling like everyone else discovered through having painful sex and right now sex wouldn’t be possible for me painful or otherwise.
    If you google vaginismus I’m like the diagram of the bent penis

Hi Madeline,
    While it’s always tough to receive a diagnosis of vaginismus/vestibulitis/vestibuloynia, it’s the beginning of your journey to healing these conditions.
    Talk to the pelvic floor PT; she may have some suggestions for how to get started. If you find that too challenging, we do offer a novel procedure here at Maze- the Botox procedure, which is done under anesthesia. I recommend you reading more about it on our website. There are also many women on this forum who have had the procedure, so I recommend reading through some previous posts to learn more about their personal experiences. If it is of interest to you, you can call Maze for a consultation to learn more about it.

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

Hi Ma.de.line – I identify with your diagnosis myself. I’m 27 now but when I started going through treatment at 24, I couldn’t insert ANYTHING – not a finger, tampon, q-tip, you name it. I originally tried dilating at Maze but because of what I just described, it wasn’t really an option. I couldn’t even let the dilators get NEAR me much less try to put them in; I was scooting up the table at the sight of the smallest one. My vaginismus was so severe that it didn’t seem like something that would ever work, which is why I got the botox procedure that Leslie described above.

It’s great that you have a physical therapist appointment and can begin exploring treatment. Seeing whether you’ll be able to dilate is a great place to start and it’s what I’d recommend to everybody just so they can assess how severe their vaginismus is, but if it feels like it can’t happen for you, please do consider the botox procedure – it completely changed my life when I never thought sex was possible. You can read more about it here:
    http://mazewomenshealth.com/painful-sex-vaginal-pain/vaginismus-treatment-under-anesthesia/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.