Im booked in!!

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello Everyone,

My name is Renae, I am 30 years old, I live in Australia and I have been suffering from Vaginismus since I was 17 years old.
    I have been with my wonderful husband for 14 years, we have been married for 4 years and still to this date we have not been able to consummate our marriage. I unfortunately lost my virginity at a young age when I was not ready or willing and since then sex seems impossible. We have kept our story secret for so long and this is the first time I have actually spoken out to others. I cant believe how good this first step feels!

Like others who have posted so many stories, I know how it feels to feel isolated, broken and emotional at the thought. It doesnt help that every joke, magazine, movie or TV episode contains sex and its always in the back of your mind. I always wonder why cant I be the same, how can it be so easy for them, surely its not that hard, why me?

Its time for me to stop making excuses and avoiding the obvious, I need to overcome this for myself and my husband and I finally believe with the support of Dr Pacik and the team that I can.

My husband and I would really love the opportunity to live a healthy and happy life and have children – I look forward to the very special day that I can hold our baby in my arms and know what we have accomplished together to get there.

My journey begins

Kind Regards,

Renae

– See more at: http://www.vaginismusmd.com/support/vaginismus-md-forum/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=24.4#sthash.JOahaULR.dpuf

CurlyGirl
    Participant

Hello Renae,

Thanks for sharing your experiences, I am also new to the forum and can totally relate when you say how good it feels to speak out.

I’ve also just booked in for the procedure, so I’m simultaneously excited and nervous – it’s a bit of an odd feeling. Maybe it’s because I’ve not been hopeful about this part of my life for such a long time.

Good luck! I’m sure it will work out well for both of us.

Curly Girl

Participant

Hi!!!!
    It’s so great to talk to others about it.
    I’m feeling nervous but I’m excited too.
    We have taken the first step now and that’s pretty huge. Normally I would hang up the phone or make excuses not to go. I’m little miss avoidance!
    Good luck too.

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Renae! I am so, so, so excited for you to have your upcoming procedure and to make the trip up to NH!!! I know it is going to go so well for you and be so life-changing! You couldn’t be in better care than with Dr. Pacik and all of the staff. They have such a special way of treating each and every patient and, so importantly, they understand what each of us has gone through with vaginismsus!!! Sending you positive thoughts and big hugs today!!!

Participant

Thankyou!!!!! I’m so grateful for the opportunity to see Dr Pacik before he retires.
    I’m so nervous yet trying to be as positive as I can!

Oddballlove
    Participant

Congratulations on beginning the journey! It feels so isolating never sharing your story and I’m glad you have.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.