I wrote my vaginismus into a show!

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General I wrote my vaginismus into a show!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mbbrooklyn
    Participant

Hi all! I’ve suffered from vaginismus my whole life, and I’ve also never had an orgasm 🙁

I’m a comedian, and after a long time avoiding it, I decided to write about my lack of orgasm and my vaginismus. It was SO therapeutic – I recommend writing about your experience or making art out of it if that is something that interests you at all. I’m really proud of the result, and if any of you are in NYC, I’d love to share the show with you! It’s running June 18-20, tickets here: https://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/3414631

Part of my goal with writing this show was to connect with other women who suffer from vaginismus and/or have never had orgasms – I didn’t realize until I wrote the show how I alone and ashamed I felt of these experiences.

Much love and support to you all. <3

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

Hi mbbrooklyn! This is SO cool- I’m incredibly impressed at the bravery it must have taken for you to make art (comedy, no less) about the pain of vaginismus and orgasm difficulties. I hope it has given you some peace to be able to speak about this and share the experience with others – one of my regrets about vaginismus is that I lacked the confidence to discuss it openly before I got treatment. I think if more people weren’t afraid to speak out about what it’s like to experience then there would be more knowledge and treatment was easier. We need more people like you doing this work!

I wish I still lived in NYC because I would absolutely come to your show! Know that I and so many of us are there in spirit and that you’re doing an amazing thing. Good luck!!!

Sks823
    Participant

mbbrooklyn,

Can you pleeeeeeease post again if you do another show? I live in NYC but was unable to make it earlier this week.

I checked the description of your show & it seemed awesome. I bet some audience members have similar issues and you may have even helped them feel more “normal” – maybe they will seek help!

HOW’D IT GO?

Dear mbbrokklyn,

Thanks for sharing! Please do let us know if you are having another show, or would like us to help spread the word about your show in anyway! (feel free to contact me directly at MAZE) Also thanks for sharing about how writing the show helped you express your emotions and I am sure it also helped other women know they are not alone. The more we talk about women’s sexuality the more we will all benefit!
    Thanks again,
    Nicole

mbbrooklyn
    Participant

Hi everyone! Thank you so much for these supportive responses – I love this community and forum 🙂

I wanted to let you know I have two performances of the show coming up for anyone in the Austin, TX area! The show is part of Austin’s Out of Bounds Comedy Festival. They are:

Friday, August 31 at 7 p.m. at The Hideout Theatre
    Saturday, September 1 at 7 p.m.. at The Hideout Theatre
    Tickets here!

Hope to you there and chat afterward 🙂

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

Hi mbbrooklyn – keep us updated about these shows! How did your last run of them go? So proud there are people out there putting more vaginismus knowledge into the world.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.