How’s Everyone Doing?

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General How’s Everyone Doing?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hey All,

So life has thrown us all a pretty large curve ball these past few weeks, and I’m just checking in. How’s everyone doing? We’d love to hear from you – let us know how you’re coping or if we can be of support in any way.

Sending peace, safety and good health wishes!

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

Hi Jennifer – thanks for checking in on all of us! It’s definitely an unusual time that has been affecting in unusual ways. When I first conquered my vaginismus I had fears of a relapse and fortunately that hasn’t happened, but these are the kind of conditions in which that would definitely be a concern, so I hope others are taking care of themselves and being patient. Being more stressed, anxious, and fearful than normal is super understandable right now and can get in the way of dilating, pelvic floor exercises, or other kinds of treatment, so don’t be too hard on yourself. I hope everyone is staying safe and taking care of themselves right now.

Good to hear from you, recessivegenequeen, and you are absolutely right! When dilation is already a source of stress, added anxiety makes it that much more challenging.

My best advice? Simplify, and demonstrate compassion. I would love it if everyone here could turn that inward, and ensure that you are being kind to yourselves. If that means skipping a day because you’re just feeing overwhelmed, it’s okay. If it means re-setting your dilation routine – either mixing it up, or devoting more focused attention to your comfort, then so be it. If recalibrating everything is appealing but you just don’t have the get-up-and-go to deal, then call us. We’ll help you re-establish your goals and your paths to healing.

I love what both Jennifer and recessivegenequeen wrote about self-compassion. It’s a crazy time right now and the added pressure of trying to make life work in the midst of a shutdown and global health crisis can derail even the most carefully created routine. It benefits us all to remember that life is made up of baby steps and it’s ok to take breaks. This is a good thing to remember if you’re in a situation right now where dilation is logistically challenging (staying at your parents’ house now because you needed to leave the city, for example). As Jennifer mentioned, please reach out if you need some additional support for wherever you are right now.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.