How weird is it having the dilators in you?

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Dilating How weird is it having the dilators in you?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

How weird is it having the dilators in you?

Answer: Dilating was the biggest pre-procedure fear and anxiety I had about the entire treatment program. I had never been able to even insert the q-tip. I never could visualize inserting these huge dilators and if anyone would’ve told me prior to actually doing it that I would be able to, I still wouldn’t have believed them. It is one of those things that I had to go through to believe it happened and I could do it. You WILL be able to do this too, even if you don’t see it right at this moment. I described what it felt like waking up with the dilator above and how it felt strange at first b/c nothing had ever been inside of me but not painful at all. Then, what is so, so important is the wall of resistance feeling that my hubby and I had always had w/any attempts at intercourse and I had always had with any tries to even insert a q-tip was gone. B/c of this, I was able to insert the dilators right in without the feeling like they were hitting something. I also very liberally coated the pure romance dilators with Lidocaine/Surgilube lubricant which made it that much easier to slide them in. I inserted them while standing up just as I had done after the very first time that I took out the large blue one; peed; and inserted right back in. While it didn’t hurt to have the dilators in, it did at times just feel kind of strange for me and I had to get used to the feeling of something being inside of me. I found that distraction worked during this time and if I was reading something or talking to my roomie (another woman who also had vaginismus and had the procedure on the same day), I didn’t have the time to focus and think about the dilators being in.

Any comments or feedback for future patients may be helpful.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.