How Do You Handle Dilation When Privacy is an Issue

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Daily Questions About Vaginismus How Do You Handle Dilation When Privacy is an Issue

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi Everyone,

I’ve spoken with some women recently who are concerned with a lack of privacy when it comes to creating an optimal dilation routine. Perhaps you have a roommate, or you’re schooling kids at home. If this sounds familiar to any of you, I’d love to hear your thoughts! Whether you’re in the process of trying to figure it out, or you’ve patchworked something together that affords you some precious time alone, please share your experiences here!

Thanks so much, and as always, let Maze know how we might be of help.

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

Such a topical question, Jennifer! This was definitely an issue back when I was dilating and living with a roommate. I had my own room in our apartment which gave me privacy for the dilation itself, but I’d have to walk through common areas to get to a sink to wash off the dilator afterward. It was necessary to let my roommate (who was a good friend) know I was doing the dilation so she’d be aware and not weirded out if we bumped into each other while I was carrying a dilator, and she was super cool about it. It was also great to have her as an emotional support I could confide in about how things were going. There are many types of roommates, but if you’re friends with the person you live with I recommend tipping them off so you don’t feel like you have anything to hide or be ashamed of! Those feelings aren’t helpful when addressing the similar emotions of HAVING vaginismus, so I’d try not to let them find a space in your home if you can help it!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.