How Do I Treat At My Age?

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Daily Questions About Vaginismus How Do I Treat At My Age?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • #9149

    Hello, I am a 16 year old that seems to have the symptoms for vaginismus. I am physically unable to use tampons, yeast infection treatments, or masturbate through insertion. It is like my body creates a wall, and even when examining myself in the mirror, even the hint of an opening is impossible to see without pulling to an extremely painful degree. I have never been sexually active and I was a victim of non-sexual physical abuse at the hands of family when I was younger. My only sexual experience is an attempted rape from an ex girlfriend. I have untreated anxiety and depression.

    How would I go about treatment, being so young? I have a long distance boyfriend so I have to work generally alone. I’ve noticed my issue since I was 14, but it came to my attention when I recently contracted a yeast infection due to a medication I was taking, and the treatment would not go inside regardless of my attempts. Do I have to go see a gyno or can I treat on my own, like I wish to.


    Your first step should be going to the doctor. They will be the best ones to help you.

    Dr. Pacik

    Inability to use tampons and the feeling of a “wall” are almost diagnostic of vaginismus and helps to rule out dyspareunia (painful sex), vulvodynia and vestibulodynia.
    Please contact my office for forms. Once you complete them I would be happy to do a complementary phone call to you to discuss.
    Even though you are only 16, and will need parental consent, it is best to get early treatment if you have vaginismus.

    You and your parents should read my book “When Sex Seems Impossible…” available on my website and on This way you do not have to explain this condition to them, the book is self explanatory.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.