Hello, Im the new kid on the block!

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General Hello, Im the new kid on the block!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Bitesize
    Participant

Hi guys, it’s so nice to have found somewhere to talk with other people about this. 🙂

I’m a 22 year old Irish girl in a long-term hetero relationship, and although I’d prefer to keep my real name private for now I’m also known as Bitesize in real life (I’m one of those Irish leprechauns!)

I had some trouble when I initially started trying to have sex five years ago and after researching my problem discovered a lot about vaginismus… however the problem disappeared quite soon and I didn’t consider it again. Some time into my current (3 year) relationship I started experiencing pain during sex once more and after many, many different doctor visits I was referred to a Psychosexual Therapist who suggested that it was (secondary) vaginismus. I’ve been using dilators for a few months now and having bi-monthly meetings with my therapist and am coming along slowly…. hoping to be able to have penetrative sex again before too long!

Just wanted to say a little bit about myself and how nice it is to meet you all. Hope you’re all doing well!

rachel
    Participant

Hi Bitesize!
    My name is Rachel and I am originally from the UK. Glad you found this website-it offers so much good advice and tips for dilation and treatment options. Well let us know if there is anything you need help with!

Bitesize
    Participant

Thanks, I’m glad I found it too!

Nakitalab
    Participant

Hi Bitesize! Thank you for sharing your story. I’m so happy that you found the Forum. It has been a huge part of my healing process in knowing that I’m not alone, that I can share my ups and downs and I get wonderful support and advice from others who have suffered like I have. Being able to share our frustrations as well as our successes is so huge. Welcome to the Forum, Bitesize! And huge kudos to you for dilating!

mmHeather34

Hi bitesize. Welcome to the Forum. Like Nakita said, I’m so glad you found it and please know that we are all here to support you. I also read that you are from Ireland and think this is so wonderful. My husband and I are planning to visit for our 10-year wedding anniversary in a few years as he has family there and it’s our dream to see the countryside. He was in the Air Force and has traveled to so many different countries but I have only ever visited the States and Canada. Ireland will be amazing!!!!

Bitesize
    Participant

Glad you’re planning a visit – we do have some lovely countryside areas, particularly in the west of Ireland. Thanks for the welcome!

candi
    Participant

Welcome! I have many Irish friends! I love them all so much, and so much fun!! Someday I would like to visit Ireland myself. Lots of luck. We’re all in this together supporting one another!

Nicola
    Participant

Hi, Bitesize.
    I’m also from Ireland, Just wondering have you went to any clinics for treatment or anything? I have been recently told I have primary vanginismus so I’m looking for a clinic that treats it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.