Fissuring of Posterior Fourchette

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Lauren123
    Participant

Hello!

My name is Lauren and I am 22 years old. I have been sexually active in the past (2 years ago), with a long term partner.

I noticed a slight stinging pain at times after intercourse – upon inspection there was a very, very slight tear in the fold below my vagina. I didn’t think much of this, though the stinging sensation was quite irritable. That said, there was only very, very minor bleeding (a spot or two). I figured this was due to lack of lubrication – my partner and I soon began using some, which helped, though the area would still tear.

When that relationship ended, I just ignored/forgot about this issue. I have never been to a gynaecologist (though I am trying to schedule an appointment ASAP). Now I am in a new relationship and we may soon become sexually active. I felt the familiar stinging sensation after being digitally intimate with this partner. I looked and noticed again, a very slight, red/raw spot below my vagina.

I am not trying to overshare on this blog, but I am so concerned! I do not have eczema or any bacterial issues that would cause this problem. In addition, I do not experience any vaginal dryness whatsoever. I understand that using lube couldn’t hurt, and I am willing to incorporate it, but I don’t have any issues with dryness, and I have not been on the pill for over a year. And when I was on the pill, it was for less than a year total.

I know seeing a gynae will help, and perhaps I am misdiagnosing myself, but I am frustrated that I have this issue and that I don’t know how to fix it, what’s causing it, or if it even can be fixed. Any insights are appreciated. And again, I apologize if I have overshared.

mccartem96
    Participant

Hi Lauren,
    Thank you so much for sharing about your experience. I think it’s great that you’re working toward getting a gynecologist so you can get some professional insight into your concerns! I did want to comment because I have had this exact problem, but have hit a dead end in trying to identify the exact cause and solution. If I come across anything that could be helpful, I’m happy to send it your way.

recessivegenequeenrecessivegenequeen
    Participant

Hi Lauren123 – welcome to the forums! Never worry about oversharing here, it always helps to have more information to help you figure out what’s going on. I’m not a doctor, but I think seeing a gynecologist is definitely warranted in this situation and any other time your vagina is causing you pain. A few things that could be in play are size of your partner (although you mentioned issues with digital stimulation so that might not be the case) or a more generalized pain issue like vulvodynia. It could be any number of things – a gynecologist visit is definitely the next step to take!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.