Finding the humor in vaginismus

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General Finding the humor in vaginismus

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    mbbrooklyn
    Participant

Hi Everyone:

I suffered from vaginismus for a long time, and I’m happy to say I’m living (mostly) post-vaginismus now! While treating my vaginismus, I also began pursuing my dream of being a comedian. I wrote my experiences into a show called Molly Brenner Is Not Coming, about how I reached age 28 without having an orgasm — and it also dives deeply into discovering and treating my vaginismus. I’ve shared this show here before and have received incredible support from this community 🙂

I wanted to share that I have a new show called I’m Coming — because I had an orgasm! I’ve now had an orgasm AND treated my vaginismus, yay! This show actually explores and processes my vaginismus – and the condition more broadly – in a deeper way, so I wanted to share here that it will be running at a NYC theatre in February:

February 21-24, 2019 at 7 p.m.
    The Tank Theatre
    Tickets here: https://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/3916423

I’m sharing this here because I made this show to share my experiences with those also dealing with vaginismus — and finding the humor in it can be incredibly cathartic! I hope to share it with you 🙂

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

Molly – congratulations on having an orgasm and treating your vaginismus! That is huge news! Congrats also on your comedy show! You’re having quite a moment, it sounds like! I wish I still lived in NYC so I could come see your show, but I’m sure you’ll get a great turnout. Good luck and I’m so glad to hear how your story has shaken out!

mbbrooklyn
    Participant

Thank you so much for your kind words and support! This is such an awesome community 🙂

mbbrooklyn – how incredible that you are able to share your journey publicly! It’s work like yours that allows others to learn about your experience, appreciate that they are aren’t alone, and seek help if needed. Congratulations – we here at Maze salute you!

mbbrooklyn – how incredible that you are able to share your journey publicly! It’s work like yours that allows others to learn about your experience, appreciate that they are aren’t alone, and seek help if needed. Congratulations – we here at Maze salute you!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.