Feel burning when first try the dilator#3

Home > Forums > Vaginismus Support Group > Vaginismus Dilating > Feel burning when first try the dilator#3

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

rainbowbaby
    Participant

Hi all,

This is my first post in this forum, hope can get more support and clear my doubt, thanks all.

I having my dilator training recently. #1 and 2 is alright. But for #3 for first time, I feel burning in the vagina when it go deep in, after take out the burning gone. Is it normal? I don’t have such burning for #1&2. Should I continue?

mm
    mazemelissa

Hi Rainbowbaby,

This is very normal. The burning sensation you are feeling is from the muscles stretching. The #1 and #2 dilators are small, so were not pushing the muscles into too much of a stretch, so very little burning. Once you start moving to larger sizes, the burning feeling becomes more noticeable, and can be pretty intense at first. Especially with the first pass of the dilator through the introitus. For many women once the dilator passes through the tightest part at the entrance, the the body adjusts to the dilator inside, the burning will dissipate a bit. As you continue to work through the #3 dilator, the burning feeling should lessen. You might find that the burning sensation is not 100% gone until you can insert the next size dilator. Some of my patients find that until they stretch larger than the current dilator, it always gives a little bit of a burning feeling.

It sounds like you are doing fantastic. Keep it up, and let us know how you are doing.

Melissa

recessivegenequeen
    recessivegenequeen
    Participant

Rainbowbaby, congrats on making it to the third dilator! Melissa is totally right – this was how it felt for me when I was dilating, and it’s totally normal. I know it can be scary when discomfort becomes part of the dilation, but it’s the pain that means the body is doing exactly what it needs to do to prepare for sex. I recommend getting super comfortable with each size (wiggling it around and moving it in and out repeatedly) before moving to the next one, but as you move up you’ll get more used to this feeling.

You’re totally on the right track! Good luck with the dilating and keep it up!

Hatuey
    Participant

I have done dilator 3 for 2 weeks a little sore but I am able to do it reasonably well. I am very nervous to move to number 4 if I am sore because I think it will make dilating sorer. Has anyone got any advice on the best way to move forward

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.