Dr. Pacik Hiatus

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General Dr. Pacik Hiatus

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Dr. Pacik
    Participant

I have had great joy working with so many patients over the many years with a wide variety of concerns. I feel blessed to have been a part of so many lives.
    As of mid August 2015 there will be a hiatus in the care of patients. I would, therefore, urge women who are still interested in treatment to contact Cynthia at my office at 1-669-0290 or to visit our Contact Us Page to request forms for my review. http://www.vaginismusmd.com/contact/
    I do want to assure all treated patients that I will continue to follow you even after taking a leave.

In October, 2015 I will be lecturing to a group of physicians who are interested in the treatment of vaginismus. We may very well develop some type of collaboration so that new patients will find a path to treatment.

The women I have treated for vaginismus have been a great inspiration to me showing courage and determination beyond description. I wish everyone only the best.

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Dr. P. Words can’t even begin to describe how much you and your work has changed our lives for the better. We spent over 11 years searching and praying for a cure for my vaginismus as I was unable to tolerate ANY penetration. We couldn’t enjoy making love and I couldn’t undergo important medical exams because of this and it affected all parts of both of our lives. Fast forward to post-procedure and this all changed. We were able to FINALLY make love within 1 week and I have undergone all required exams that I previously had never been able to tolerate up until the age of 34. Now, we are expecting a baby boy in May, something that would never have been possible without you and your treatment program. Thank you does not seem enough but please, please know that we both THANK YOU, Janet, Ellen, Cynthia and your team from the bottom of our hearts!!!

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

You have been an inspiration to so many. The Forum would not have reached its present outreach without your day to day involvement even though you are a busy lawyer.
    We all owe you a debt of gratitude for all you have done. Together we saved a lot of starfish!

It is my plan to continue the Forum and website to provide continued information about this topic.

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

Follow up thoughts:

I have received a number of emails from women who feel they will be unable to get treated before mid-August 2015. For those of you who will not be able to schedule treatment I would urge you to contact my office and purchase a set of dilators, the DVD on dilation (about two hours of what is normally covered during the counseling session) and my book “When Sex Seems Impossible. Stories of Vaginismus & How You Can Achieve Intimacy”. When anxiety to penetration is very high, the full treatment is usually the best. You can link to vaginismus aids
    http://www.vaginismusmd.com/vaginismus/vaginismus-aids/
    and call the office for information about the DVD. The book on vaginismus can be ordered on our website and through Amazon.com

Kim
    Participant

Dr. Pacik,

I have mixed motions on news of your retirement. On the one hand, I’m extremely excited that you and Janet will be starting a new adventure together in this next chapter of your lives. On the other hand, I’m saddened that you will no longer be extending your incredible care & compassion of service to other Vaginismus sufferers like myself. I honestly have no idea where I myself or where my marriage would be today without all that you, Janet and your team invested into our lives and through your treatment program. My life and marriage were forever changed because of your heart for women like us and being willing to take the risk on implementing a treatment program that is so rare to find and making it your mission to spread awareness. Even though that little muscle still likes to give me a run for my money every now and then – because of your program, all your counsel, countless emails and phone calls – I now have the courage, the wisdom and the tools to keep this condition from rearing it’s ugly head again.

As of recently, my husband and I have started to meet with an RE at a local fertility clinic. Even with being able to achieve intercourse for several months now, we still have been unable to get pregnant – but there’s NO WAY I would have had the courage before to take one step inside the clinic’s doors, had it not been for all the courage and confidence I gained through your program! A couple weeks ago, I had my first internal ultrasound with no issues whatsoever – freakin amazing!

My earnest prayer is that someone will soon come forward to be your successor to carry on this amazing ministry that you and Janet have started. You’ve changed so many lives, saved so many marriages and became a “grandfather” to so many little ones. I seriously applaud you and we genuinely love you guys and wish you all the best.

Sincerely & gratefully, Kimberly (“ROOOOOAAAARR!!!)

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

Thanks Kim for your sweet note. I will always remember you and the courage you showed during the treatment process. Every time I hear Katy Perry sing “Roar” I think of you and smile!

ceegee
    Participant

Hi Dr. Pacik, I sent you an e-mail but just wanted to ask: Are there any plans to train someone to take your place? What are your thoughts on that? I know you’ve done great work, and retirement is certainly well deserved – it’s just so discouraging to think that this treatment, the only one of its kind, will simply not exist anymore until/unless someone else happens to think of it.

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

Thanks ceegee for your note. I have been asked to lecture to a group of interested physicians in October 2015. I have no idea at the moment what the level of interest will be. It is my hope to continue with the Forum even after I retire so that women can continue to have a voice.

23years
    Participant

Hugs!
    Forever in my thoughts and heart
    23 years

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

Thanks for all your support and helping our ladies understand.

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

UPDATE
    My summer schedule is rapidly filling up, more than 30 women are scheduled for vaginismus treatment. I am working with a local hospital to add extra days at least in August and September, possibly through October. For anyone still interested in getting treatment please do not delay in completing the questionnaire which is a must to properly evaluate your condition. Cynthia at my office is in charge of the scheduling. Once I review the forms, and render an opinion, I will let you know if you can schedule treatment. A complimentary phone call is routine to help allay fears and answer questions.
    I am grateful for the many emails I have received from treated women whose lives belong to them once again!

salvarez91
    Participant

hello dr. Pacick 😀
    It has been 3 years already.  My partner Juan and I have been doing great.  My vaginismus is almost non existing and I have you to thank for that. I believe with what I am dealing with now is pure anxiety. Everytime we are intimate there are no problems, no pain whatsoever just anxiety.  I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for what you did for me and Juan.  I was in a very dark place before I found you. You have made a huge difference in our lives as I am sure you have in many other women. As soon as i met you,  I could tell I was in a better place.  You’re very caring and compassionate,  everyone can see it just by stepping into the center. We congratulate you on the wonderful 50 years of your career. To say you will be missed seems like such an understatement, I wish you the best in life. 

Stephanie

Janet Pacik
    Participant

We have been getting such wonderful emails from former patients who have expressed their gratitude and to let us know how the Botox treatment program has changed their lives. This is very rewarding and we thank you for these notes.

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

Thank you Stephanie for your kind words. I will always remember you going shopping with the glass dilator in place! Talk about being efficient with your time! I will also remember the severe abuse you received from your doctors. But you were the champion!
    Anxiety is unfortunately normal for so many women with vaginismus. Now that you no longer have physical pain, working with a counselor, especially someone who is AASECT certified and has experience treating vaginismus can be of great help in overcoming the final leg of this long journey.
    Here is the link to find someone in your area: http://www.aasect.org/referral-directory
    You can use my name as a referral.

I wish you and Juan the very best.

salvarezm91
    Participant

HAHA yup! you gotta do what you gotta do 😉
    Thank you so much Dr. Pacik, I will definitely be looking into a counselor

Stephanie 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.