Dr. Oz

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Hi ladies. I always love to hear of vaginismus mentioned in any form in the media as it means people are finally talking about it and becoming educated regarding the condition. I’m not sure if you guys have seen this clip in the past, but it’s a very interesting segment on the Dr. Oz show in which vaginismus and the treatment of biofeedback is discussed.

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/vaginal-panic-attacks

I would encourage you to watch the video. Do you think biofeedback could work for you? Why or why not? For any members who have had biofeedback, could you please post regarding your experiences?

I will briefly post my answer regarding this question. I was a Pacik/Lamont level 5 patient with severe vaginismus. I personally know that the only thing that would’ve ever worked for me was Dr. Pacik’s Botox program with progressive dilation as I couldn’t even insert a q-tip prior w/out experiencing the fear/pain response that is vaginismus. I could’ve never inserted any type of bio-feedback mechanism and tried and failed at physical therapy in the past due to the same reason of being unable to insert anything without the fear and subsequent pain. Waking up with the dilator already in place post-procedure seriously flipped a switch for me and practicing to take out and re-insert the dilators just reinforced my new feelings of pain-free insertion and no fear whatsoever.

Catherine
    Participant

Yes, I completely agree with you, Heather. Given the extent of my Vag. spasm, this type of treatment would not have worked for me, either.

Diana
    Participant

Hi Heather,

I tried biofeedback before trying the Botox treatment and it did not work for me, the spams were still there and insertion was still very limited due to the anxiety and spams. Botox is the only thing that worked for me after all those years of trying and visiting so many doctors around the country. The botox treatment changed my life!!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.