Discomfort when dilating

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Dilating Discomfort when dilating

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Lifi
    Participant

Hi ladies,

I was wondering if any of you have experienced this too… since my period finished (3 days ago), I have gone back to dilating.. the difference is that I feel quite a bit of discomfort (and even pain), but not at the entrance… in fact, the dilator goes in very smoothly still, but once it’s in, where the tip of the dilator is in and around that area feels very irritated. It is a sharp pain, as if it is pulling on skin, or irritating a cut… I felt around inside with my finger and didn’t feel anything strange.

Has this happened to any of you? What did you do to overcome it?

Sofi
    Participant

Hi Lifi,
    I know this post is a bit old, did you find any solutions? I noticed a similar feeling after I stopped using the numbing cream with the lubricant recently. The dilators still go in fine, but I feel sort of a sharp pain towards the top of the dilator when I walk around with it, kind of like being poked.

I know Dr. Pacik likes to to get off the numbing cream as soon as possible because we don’t need it, but would it be bad to actually keep using it? Maybe after a break, i.e your period, a little numbing cream could reduce pain while the muscles loosen up again?

Anonymous

I don’t know if you’re still experiencing the sharp pains but I was having the same discomfort after coming off the numbing cream and I found that changing the lubricant helped enormously… finding something thats glycerin free possibly may give some relief…

Sofi
    Participant

I just switched to the Astro Glide gel (only like $8 at walgreens) and my pain is gone! I guess it is just a process of finding what works for you… Lifi, hope you’ve been having better luck!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.