Dilation & pregnancy?

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Dilating Dilation & pregnancy?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Allie
    Participant

Hey everyone.

I am currently not taking any birth control. My husband and I aren’t trying to get pregnant, but we aren’t preventing either. I just started taking prenatal vitamins because my dr said that since I’m not on birth control then I should definitely be taking the vitamins in case I was to get pregnant. It’s weird to think that pregnancy is even a possibility!

My question is what happens with your dilation schedule if you get pregnant? Are you still able to dilate? Also, is there a chance of vaginismus coming back after pregnancy? Sorry for all the questions, but I think it will ease my mind(and my husband’s) to get some answers.

Allie:)

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

It is a good idea to continue dilating during pregnancy, just the way you were dilating prior to pregnancy. It is always best to let your doctor know.
    You should also resume dilating after birth when your doctor gives you permission to start again.
    You might consider using Pre Seed lubricant which is sperm friendly. There is information about this lubricant on the internet.

Allie
    Participant

Ok, thank you Dr. P!

sweetiani
    Participant

I just went through pregnancy and just gave birth 2 weeks ago. I read that it is not recommended to have intercourse the first two trimesters of pregnancy so I avoided dilation until the third trimester. My OB mentioned to me that after the 6th week following delivery, I can dilate or have intercourse again.

Hope that helps!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.