Dilation Before Intercourse

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Dilating Dilation Before Intercourse

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I just wanted to post a quick comment…recently my husband and I had a spontaneous intercourse and I didn’t dilate beforehand even though I had slept with the purple during the night…and I had some burning pain with intercourse. Dr. P let me know that even if I had dilated for 5 minutes that could have helped me avoid the pain that I had. I had no idea that dilating even for such a short amount of time could be of benefit…since in my mind I was thinking..ok I don’t want to stop to dilate for 20-30 minutes. So I thought this was a good tip to have in mind that a few minutes of prevention can eliminate or minimize some unnecessary pain 🙂

Heather34
    Participant

This is a great post kcd and really helpful. It is seriously so amazing how dilating even for a short amount of time can work so well to make you more comfortable. In addition to intercourse, I would also suggest dilating prior to gynecological exams as well. I’ve done this for all exams post-procedure and have had no pain whatsoever. GREAT POST!!!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.