Dilating Tips Early Post-Procedure

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Dilating Dilating Tips Early Post-Procedure

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Hi ladies. Recently, melanie87 wrote an excellent post that is worth re-sharing concerning dilating tips early post-procedure:

Excerpts include:

“I’ve now been dilating every day for almost 2 weeks and can insert the #4 pretty easily with minimal discomfort. It’s crazy just thinking that only 10 days ago it took me over an hour to insert #1. I usually have a dilator in for throughout most of the day, and at night, and I’m not sure if it’s safe to have something up there for such long periods of time but I do feel it helping me stretch my muscles. Just today, I had the #4 glass in me and it felt like I had absolutely nothing up there while I was at work.”

“Do you have a partner helping you at all? My boyfriend has been instrumental in my dilating and this process has been incredibly eye-opening for the both us. It really helps to have someone there and be your set of eyes, letting you know if you’re in the hole or not, making sure you’re pushing at the right angle, pretty much just being your own personal cheerleader – and overtime you’ll start to be more in-tune with your lady parts simply out of habit”

“A vibrator helps relax the muscles. I use the we-vibe and place it on the side of a lip or near the clitoris, and use the “pulsating” setting. I feel it distracts my muscles from clenching and helps soothe any pressure or discomfort. I definitely recommend using one.”

“Also, over the past couple of days, I’ve been learning how to breathe while dilating. Take a big inhale and while releasing an exhale, push the dilator even further. Just remember, we have a higher threshold for pain when we exhale.”

“2 weeks ago, I was sobbing crying on my bed thinking I would never be able to dilate… Progress is slow at first but once you get past the initial dilating event, the less difficult and painful it becomes in just a matter of a couple of days. Just take a leap in faith and know that there IS botox in you, and even though your whole body may be in spasm, your vagina entrance may not be as much”

Can you think of additional dilating tips early post-procedure?

Heather34
    Participant

Hi ladies. To the veterans reading this, can you offer any of your insight and advice regarding dilating tips for the patients who have treatments coming up in the Spring and Summer? All of your thoughts will be extremely helpful.

Hazel
    Participant

I have found these things to be helpful to relax while dilating: 1) being in the shower in the standing position, 2) doing deep inhales and exhales – inserting on the exhale, 3) making myself laugh while I insert – it seems to help relax my muscles a lot.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.