Day 1 post procedure

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Post-Procedure Day 1 post procedure

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    kaylee
    Participant

Hello ladies,

Today I am 1 day post procedure and would like to share my experience as of now.

DAY 1: I was nervous, I’m not going to lie. I tried to find comfort thinking of how after, the actual 20 minute procedure half the battle was done. I also was probably to tired to think much of it as we got stuck in a snow storm 🙁 but I can very HONESTLY say that what hurt the most the first day was the IV pinch on day 1. When I woke up I couldn’t even remember when I feel asleep and then as I looked down between my legs, there it was the big blue dilator :/. At that point I felt a whole lot better about my trip, getting caught in a snow storm, driving in the most dangerous conditions id ever have, arriving at 3 a.m. ,after traveling 18 hours from home, airport, arriving in Boston, rental company (that took forever) and finally to Manchester and hotel. Lol longest day of my life but very worth it. I had the dilator in place, and felt no pain. I was able to dilate with the blue for about a little over an hour, then Dr. Pacik asked that we go down to the pink and i did that for about another hour, and finally he asked us to use the purple dilator to go home with and sleep with it overnight. Apart from starting my period and seeing the blood ( which gets me squirmish) my anxiety levels were pretty slim on day one.

Day 2: I was able to go from the purple to pink in about twenty seconds, I dilated about two hours with that one. Dr.Pacik then told me that if I wanted to try going up to the big blue I could if not the pink was already a tremendous achievement. I wanted to try, I asked my fiancee to help and told him that if I couldn’t then at least I tried and we could always try the next day. After about 40 seconds I did it, it was harder to put in but my fiancee told me to do a kegel and yes it slid in. It was a huge day for me, even if I only dilated for about 20 minutes with it. I am very proud of my progress and I have to say the same about the other two ladies who got treated on the same day. It takes great courage to make such a trip, and then to collect yourself enough to go through with something that involves your worst anxiety driven fears. But if anyone out there is reading this, please consider it, with only a day I can already see a light at the end of the tunnel and have already improved tremendously. It will take time, patience, and dedication but I know I too will be successful.

Nakitalab
    Participant

Kaylee, I’m so so happy for you! What wonderful news!

Nakitalab
    Participant

I must confess I was so excited to read your post that I skipped through your travel day. What a trip you had to get there, but yet you still persevered! Again, I’m so happy for you!

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Kaylee! HUGE CONGRATS to you!!!!!!! This was such a great post to read this morning and I couldn’t be happier for you and am smiling so huge right now!!!! AMAZING, AMAZING, AMAZING work and can’t wait to read more of your posts! :):):):):):)

Allie
    Participant

So happy for you Kaylee! You are doing amazing!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.