Clitoral pain

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Doverly
    Participant

Hi, I’m new to the forum. I’ve been in therapy for about a year to manage several things, vaginismus among them. On my journey with it, I learned that the root of mine was caused by having an irregular hymen. Mine made a thick band that crossed my vaginal opening, and the second time I tried to insert a tampon (first time straight up failed), I ripped it apart. I didn’t know the damage that was done at the time, I just thought tampons were horrible and everybody was crazy for using them.
    Since I learned about vaginismus, I’ve assumed my other problems were a part of it. I am unable to feel sexual stimulation in my nipples, and I feel pain if I try to stimulate my clitoris. I’ve finally started reading about it, and I learned that the damage I did to my hymen may be connected to my clitoral pain. Does anybody else suffer from clitoral pain when it’s touched? Has anybody found that insensitive nipples have a connection to their vaginismus? Has anybody overcome these problems?

Hi Doverly,
    you mention that you’ve been in therapy for a year. Are you referring to psychotherapy or pelvic floor physical therapy? I recommend both in moving forward with a vaginismus treatment plan. As far as the clitoral pain, I suggest that you get evaluated by a good GYN provider. Clitoral pain can be due to several different causes, and effective treatment depends on an accurate diagnosis.
    Take good care and keep us posted on your progress!

Doverly
    Participant

Hi Leslie,
    Just psychotherapy right now. Right now, I still have a lot of pain trying to insert a finger or a tampon, so I’m hoping to make some progress with that before I go into physical therapy. I’ll visit my ob/gyn about it asap.

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

Doverly, good luck seeking answers! A good diagnosis is so important – you may find that what you should be working on is a lot different than you thought, so it’s key to know what you’re actually dealing with. Let us know how it goes!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.