Change takes Time

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General Change takes Time

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

As a new therapist, I was excited to jump right in and help my patients with the healing process. However, about 6 months into treatment with one patient I began to get frustrated and felt like “nothing was working.” My supervisor gave me some of the best advice I have ever gotten, and I say it to myself and my patients over and over again “Change Takes Time.”
    Many of our vaginismus patients also get these same feelings of frustration when starting to dilate. My first thought when they express their frustration to me. One of the first steps with vaginismus is recognizing you have it, and making the decision to get the help and support you need. So please take my supervisor’s advice and remember the simple idea that “Change Takes Time.”

Heather34
    Participant

Hi Nicole. This is such a great post. Change represents moving into the unknown, a leap of faith that we are making the right decision. Know that you are not alone with these thoughts. I think by joining this Forum, it is such an important step in overcoming vaginismus and through reading the posts and even posting yourself, it will help so much to lessen your anxiety. I also really love the fact that Nicole, Melissa, and Dr. BatSheva are moderators of the Forum and can help you as well to feel less nervous about receiving vaginismus treatment. As they have written in the past, they care so much about helping you to overcome and, so importantly, they thoroughly understand vaginismus as so many doctors and providers have still yet to hear of the condition.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.