BOTOX WORE OFF!

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General BOTOX WORE OFF!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    klove
    Participant

So, I had the pleasure of feeling the Botox wear off.. huge difference! I am trying very hard to not freak out. But, the last two nights have been very difficult. I managed to get #4 glass in both times and leave it in for at least 30 minutes, but had to take it out due to the pain. Please someone tell me this gets better! I have gone through enough stress with this whole thing and I seriously feel I am unable to beat this horrible V problem! I have been positive every step of the way. Now, I feel the very familiar wall and pain that I have dreaded for so long will come back. My husband keeps telling me he is proud of me and I have come a long way. Especially since I could not even get a q-tip in without screaming. I knew the Botox would wear off, but always put it in the back of my mind. I had figured I would have been successful by then and accomplished the ultimate goal. It has been 3 months, and I have not yet beat that goal.

Anyone have similar experience when the Botox wore off????

Thank you!

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

I know you have been through a lot since your treatment. It would be a good idea to send me an updated log of your dilation schedule for the past month. Most often women stop dilating too soon and then have difficulty resuming dilation. Dilation is the key to success and as I have said so often during counseling always start small and work up. It is rare that I need to re-treat someone. Normally one is not aware when the Botox is no longer effective, as long as you continue your dilation schedule during this time frame.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.