Botox treatment in Australia

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General Botox treatment in Australia

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    katiedr
    Participant

Hello all
    Not sure if anyone can help me. I had botox injected about a week and a half ago. Apparently they used half a vial. I had this done in Australia (as I am from there). I have had no follow up care and advise. All I was told that the Botox should be effective as soon as injected. I have attempted intercourse a few times with my partner and have failed and feel very depressed and that it hasn’t worked.
    What should I be doing and how long does everything take?
    I feel like I have been left in the dark
    Help!!!!

Heather34
    Participant

Hi katiedr. Welcome to the Forum and thank you for your post.

I had Dr. Pacik’s Botox treatment program and then used the Pure Romance Dilator set following. By practicing with the varying sized dilators, I cannot even describe in writing how much it helped me. Physically, I did this for 2 hours per day and slept with one every other night. This allowed me to become stretched which eliminated my pain altogether. Mentally, it helped me as I became more and more confident that dilating did not hurt and also dilated for a couple of hours in advance of transitioning to pain-free intercourse. I want to share the link for the second issue of the VaginismusMD Newsletter that discusses all-things dilating. Specific topics include: Styles and Materials of Dilators, Getting Started with Dilation, Anxiety Control, Advanced Dilation Techniques, and Transitioning to Intercourse. http://www.vaginismusmd.com/vaginismus-resources/vaginismus-newsletter-archive/ins-outs-vaginal-dilation/

Please know we are all here for you!!!

Dr. Pacik
    Participant

Half a vial of Botox is usually 50 units. Is this correct?
    Please give more detail about your treatment. Was this under local or general anesthesia? Were you dilated during your treatment and was a dilator left in place during recovery?

katiedr
    Participant

Hello
    This was done under a general anaesthetic and yes it was 50 units. I wasn’t dilated during treatment or during recovery

Heather34
    Participant

Hi katiedr. I also forgot to mention to you that Dr. Pacik offers remote supported dilating therapy in select cases. In those cases, there have been several, several positive posts and one of the ladies progressed to the point that she was able to become pregnant. Amazing and such wonderful success stories!!! Here are a couple of posts that describe remote supported dilating therapy:

http://www.vaginismusmd.com/vaginismus-md-forum/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=27

and

http://www.vaginismusmd.com/vaginismus-md-forum/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=20.2

In an excerpt from the second post, the patient writes:

“I was only able to tolerate intercourse if I completely numbed the internal vaginal muscles with Lidocaine….As the years went by and the pain was still as intense, I became more and more discouraged that I would never be able to have pain free intercourse again. Thankfully, I have not given up and that thin thread of determination lead me to Dr. Pacik. I knew from the moment I saw his website and started reading all the posted information that I had finally found the right person to help me. Dr. Pacik’s knowledge of vaginismus and all the emotional baggage that accompanies it is truly amazing. I was so impressed by his level of personal communication as soon as I contacted his office. Through phone calls, Skype conversations and emails, we agreed upon a course of treatment. I was not able to fly to N.H. to have the Botox treatment, so we committed to a long distance treatment relationship that focused on dilation only. I knew in my heart that I would have success with the dilators and Dr. Pacik believed in me 100%. While I was waiting to receive the “Pure Romance” dilators he recommended, Dr. Pacik suggested I read his book and other publications on vaginismus, which were extremely informative and liberating. Knowledge is power! Once I received the dilators, Dr. Pacik instructed me on how to begin and asked me to email him daily about my progress. I started out with dilating in the morning and evening using the smaller dilators. I slept with a dilator inserted every other night. Dr. Pacik was very supportive and helped me not get discouraged when I would feel any burning sensations after dilations. I am 8 months into my dilation treatment with Dr. Pacik and I have progressed up to using the largest 2 dilators without pain. With proper dilation beforehand, I have even achieved pain free intercourse a few times! I know daily dilation will be in my future for awhile since like all muscles, the vaginal wall muscles need to be stretched so they can stay flexible. I truly cannot express my gratitude to Dr. Pacik and all the wonderful people who work with him. I whole-heartedly recommend working with Dr. Pacik in whatever capacity can be arranged.”

Possum
    Participant

Hi Katie,

I too am from Australia and looked into getting the treatment you had (was it the clinic in Brisbane?). At the same time I came across Dr Pacik’s treatment, and realised his treatment was way more suited to my level of vaginismus. My husband and I flew to the states in December 2012, and while it has been an incredibly long journey is so many ways, we were finally able to achieve intercourse 6 months after Dr Pacik’s treatment. My vaginimus was quite severe, and therefore my treatment has been rather long, but I would so encourage you to consider Dr Pacik’s methods, as with the support of him, his wife and his team, I have made 1000 times more progress than any other treatment. If you would like to ask me any more questions, I am happy to provide you with my email. All the best, Possum 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.