Botox Treatment and Menstrual cycle…

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Daily Questions About Vaginismus Botox Treatment and Menstrual cycle…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    BG7147
    Participant

Hello,
    I had my Botox treatment on June 26th 20102. I got my period on July 1st (5 days after my procedure), but then did not get a period until August 21st (53 day cycle). My cycle is usually pretty regular, occurring about every 28-30 days. Would the Botox procedure have an effect on my menstrual cycle? I was not sure if this occurred in anyone else that had the procedure or if it is unrelated. Any feedback would be helpful.

Thanks!

Mabel1226
    Participant

Hi! I also had treatment on the same date and hope you’re doing well! I don’t see how Botox could affect a menstrual cycle; Botox does not effect the hormones involved in the menstrual cycle. I would imagine that the stress from that time may have delayed your next cycle. My second cycle after the procedure was about a week later than usual.

Xynabu
    Participant

I think botox have an effect on menstrual cycle. I had botox treatment on 21st May 2013, and since then my period has become a light flow of dark brown bleeding instead of red blood, and it’s now 8days instead of six… with only a light flow of 2days then the remaining days i only experienced dark brown spotting few times in a day. The good news is that i can now have penetrative sex.

Heather34
    Participant
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.