Botox success but tearing and pain at entrance of vagina

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Sexual Pain That May Not Be Vaginismus Botox success but tearing and pain at entrance of vagina

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    GirlfromEngland
    Participant

Hi there,

At the end of last year I had the Botox treatment for vaginismus in London. I believe I suffered from primary vaginismus for many years but for a long time buried my head in the sand and tried not to think about it. I started a relationship last year and that was what prompted me to really try and find answers. I came across the very helpful Maze website and reading all the stories of vaginismus, I was sure this was what I had too. It was like a lightbulb moment…

Anyway, I had the diagnosis and the Botox procedure ( + hymenectomy) in London and that was a success. I have been very diligent with my dilating and attempted intercourse for the first time at the end of January. It worked… but was a little ‘clunky’ shall we say. I then attempted it again about two weeks later, this time was much more successful and I really felt so very happy to have reached this point. BUT… it seemed that I got a tear during intercourse and the opening of my vagina just feels… sore. I did not feel this tear happen I just felt sore the next morning. It’s has been almost four weeks now since this happened and I am so frustrated it has not yet healed. I went back to my doctor who advised that unfortunately this does happen from time to time and stressed the importance of lube. He also prescribed me a steroid cream to use on the area to accelerate healing.

I feel so disheartened this has happened after all the years and money and mental strength it took to overcome vaginismus. I was so happy with how the Botox worked and I had been dilating every day (thanks to Recessive Gene Queen who advised this was the way forward!)

I have three questions really…
    Is it normal it takes approx 4 weeks for a tear in the fourchette to heal?
    How can I speed up the healing time?
    And… most importantly, what can I do to try and reduce the chances of this happening in the future?

I am early 30s, I am not on the contraceptive pill and haven’t been for about 6 years. I used a lot of lube during intercourse and the act was reasonably slow, with me lying down and my partner on top. I am worried that even with all this, a tear still occurred. Am I missing something perhaps?!

Any help, advice or guidance on this would be very much appreciated. I want to try do to whatever I can to ensure there is no repeat injuries to the fourchette.

Thank you,
    Laura

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.