Botox Procedure For a Virgin

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus General Botox Procedure For a Virgin

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Kitten968
    Participant

Hi! I’m 24 years old. I have just joined this forum to get a better understanding of the different vaginismus cases and the possible Botox Procedure.

We had this procedure recommended to us during our sex therpist session a while back but the cost is quite high for us right now.

I was also wondering these:
    1) will being a virgin OK for the procedure?
    2) how long does it last? Did anybody need to go back for another full session?
    3) how safe and what side effects have people experienced?
    4) how big is the dilator used in the procedure? Is it fo above average erect sizes?

My boyfriend and I are in a serious relationship and this is my very first. I haven’t had much romantic interests prior either so any sex has really been a embarrassing and nerve racking topic.

I have grown better with the subject and we are able to do different activities but have sexual intercourse. When we first tried, it really hurt around the opening and there was red inflammation inside slightly past the opening. After going to many OBGYNs the last one said I didn’t have vaginismus and I just need to continue practicing with my dilators and pelvic floor exercises. My pelvic floor is also pretty tight which may contribute to all my studies back in University as well.

I have managed to use 3/5 dilator sizes I have. Along with applying a steroid cream that was prescribed to me for a few months (no more than that was allowed) on the inflamed areas. That has decreased the inflammation but there is still pain past dilator 3. I also just bought the Mili, the dilator that expands 1mm in girth but the max size isn’t as big as the fifth dilator. Unfortunately my boyfriend is also bigger than the 5th dilator so even if I was able to do the 5th dilator it still may not work.

My sexual drive is pretty low and I work on that with my individual therpist tackling the past. I did have a pretty bad experience with a tampon and sex was never a super open topic.

I feel really bad for my boyfriend, he’s starting to get really frustrated with the situation and that just makes me more anxious. It’s been about 3 years since we have been together. It affects us almost every day.

Does anybody have recommendations for further steps especially for a virgin?

Thank you for any help and clarifications I really appreciate it!

mazemelissa

Hi Kitten, welcome to the forum!

It sounds like you would be a great candidate for the botox procedure, and you should feel free to call us and speak with one of our staff to learn more details about the procedure.

I’m going to answer your questions below:

1) will being a virgin OK for the procedure? Absolutley! The majority of our patients are virgins, as their vaginismus prevents them from having any penetration.

2) how long does it last? The botox lasts anywhere from 4-6 months. Did anybody need to go back for another full session? It is rare to need a second procedure

3) how safe and what side effects have people experienced? The procedure is very safe, you are monitored by an anesthesiologist and nurse the whole time, the procedure it self is about 20-30 minutes. There are very few side effects from the botox itself, many worry about potential for urinary leakage, but I have not see that to be a major issue.

4) how big is the dilator used in the procedure? Is it fo above average erect sizes? The largest dilator is • Length: 6 in./15.5 cm; Girth 5 in./13 cm, for most women this size is as big or bigger than their partner.

I hope this helps, and please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Melissa

Kitten968
    Participant

Hi Melissa,

Thank you for your response! For the dilator size, do you know people who have had partners with a bigger size than the dilator the procedure has and still be successful? Is there more options for the biggest dilator used in the procedure?

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

Hi Kitten968 – welcome to the forums! Melissa’s answers were great but just wanted to pop in and reiterate what she said as someone who’s actually gotten the botox procedure. I was a virgin at the time and suffered from severe vaginismus (was never able to insert anything – tampon, penis, you name it) and the procedure was really effortless. They put me under anesthesia, I woke up with a massive pink dilator inside me, and the staff at Maze gave me excellent training on how to dilate and supported me in the coming weeks until I was able to have intercourse (20 days later).

Even if your partner is slightly bigger than the largest dilator used (and the one at Maze really is big!), one thing that helps is that a penis is actually slightly easier to insert than a dilator because it’s less hard and more flexible. I am so happy I got the procedure so I’d highly recommend considering it and giving Maze a call to learn more!

mazemelissa

We do have options for bigger dilator sizes, and if a patient feels that they might need to dilate larger than the biggest size in the set we provide, we will show them more options at the follow up visit. Crystal delights make glass dilators that are quite large.

Helen Leff, LCSW

Hi Kitten968!
    Checking in to see how you are doing. We are here to continue to support you.

nikhil
    Participant

it’s upto ypu sometimes it’s painfull ans sometimes it’s not so you can go with any option.
    <ul=http://oliveleafbistro.com/stream-movies-online-for-free-on-xbox-one-ps4/>stream movies online for free

nikhil
    Participant

botox treatment has no problem weather you are virgin or not if you want it you can have it anytime 🙂
    stream movies online for free

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.