Botox Means I Can Ditch the Dilators…Right?

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Tips for Future Vaginismus Patients Botox Means I Can Ditch the Dilators…Right?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

The use of Botox for vaginismus treatment has been a game-changer for countless women. And as much as we wish it negated the need for dilation post-procedure, women should know that the consistent use of dilators will be necessary in order to maximize the efficacy of the medication. Some of you may have heard me say this before, but I think it’s a useful analogy: if you were to begin a yoga practice with the goal of loosening up your hamstrings, you’d likely find success. But if you suddenly stopped practicing regularly, your muscles would eventually return to their pre-yoga state.

Dilation allows your vaginal muscles to sustain the malleability that Botox provides. This helps to prevent future spasms so that you can work toward optimal sexual health.

Frequency and duration of post-Botox dilation protocol will depend upon a few variables, and that’s why we customize treatment here at Maze for each and every woman with whom we work.

If you’re curious about the procedure and whether it might be right for you, check out our website or give us a call!

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

You’re totally right, Jennifer! I got the botox treatment at Maze and I know the results wouldn’t have been effective if I hadn’t rigorously dilated after the fact. My case of vaginismus was severe and I needed not only the botox procedure’s muscle-freezing effects but also the awareness that a large dilator could fit inside me. I needed to keep dilating to help solidify the mental and physical connection between being able to dilate and eventually to have penetrative sex.

If anyone is interested in hearing more about my post-dilation routine after botox and what that whole process is like, I’m doing an Instagram live interview with Bat Sheva Marcus, the Clinical Director of Maze Women’s Health! I think if you’re interested in learning more of the details behind what it’s really like to explore this treatment option it’ll be a great conversation to hear. Here’s how you can check it out:

Where: Instagram
    When: Tuesday 5/26/20, 9pm Eastern
    How: Follow @DrBatSheva on Instagram to be notified when the event starts

We’re looking forward to your IG Live with @DrBatSheva, @recessivegenequeen !

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.