Botox for Vaginismus News

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Vaginismus Advocacy Botox for Vaginismus News

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Heather34
    Participant

Hi ladies. There is an excellent new blog posted today concerning Botox for Vaginismus in the News:

http://www.vaginismusmd.com/botox-for-vaginismus-news/

Specifically, excerpts include:

“MSNBC.com did a news release on February 25, 2011 on my FDA approval for the study of using Botox for vaginismus.

This news release is an important step in getting the word out so that vaginismus becomes a more common concept. It is important to continue this MSNBC thread and for you to post.

The use of Botox for vaginismus is gaining in popularity because of the ease of injecting this drug, it’s safety record and the consistent efficacy of its use. Patients are able to achieve pain free intercourse in a few weeks and are able to begin raising a family. (I love getting the photographs of their ultrasounds, and then pictures of the baby’s birthday parties!)

The widespread use of Botox to treat vaginismus will also have its failures if the entire program of education, dilators and post procedure support is not followed. This is all described in my book “When Sex Seems Impossible. Stories of Vaginismus & How You Can Achieve Intimacy”

This is a wonderful news release ladies and also very, very important to further spread the word about vaginismus and that there is a true cure out there that exists in the form of Dr. Pacik’s Botox treatment. I would welcome your comments and feedback here.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.