Bloating during penetration?

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Sexual Pain That May Not Be Vaginismus Bloating during penetration?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    RenTen
    Participant

Hello!

I suffer from vaginismus and have been practicing with the dilators. When I finally decided to let my partner penetrate, it felt as if I had trapped gas in my lower abdomen when he inserted his penis. I couldn’t even celebrate him getting in because I was so uncomfortable with the bloated feeling. When he removed his penis from inside of me, I felt normal.

I can’t really explain the feeling and I’ve tried to google but they keep bringing up how vaginal gas sounds like flatulence, etc. the only issue is that the gas can’t escape out at all. I am not sure if it’s normal and I’m terrified to get it checked out because my gyno exams give me major anxiety when I see a speculum.

mazemelissa

Hi RenTen,

Did you try dilating with something larger than your partner’s penis right before intercourse?

If he is bigger than the dilators, it could be the muscles are so tight around his penis, that air is getting trapped.

If you can stretch the muscles and the opening a little bigger, I’m hoping you won’t feel that.

And I’d do the dilation right before he penetrates.

Melissa

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.