Bleeding After Penetration

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Daily Questions About Vaginismus Bleeding After Penetration

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Magnolia
    Participant

After using the dilators on and off for a couple of years, my husband and I finally had penetrative sex for the first time today. I noticed afterwards that I had bled a bit. I presume my hymen had already broken when I started to use the dilators so wasn’t expecting that. I am due my period in 3 days. Could penetrative sex bring on a period earlier? I came off the contraceptive pill a few months ago and this is only the third period I have had for about 8 years. My second period came about 4 days early so could the bleed I experienced earlier just be my period a little early?

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

Hi Magnolia – I know it’s been a bit, but have you had normal bleeding since! I wouldn’t worry about the first incident if the amount of blood was small and if you haven’t had similar incidents since. It’s possible that differences in the size and shape of your husband’s penis caused hymen breaking or another type of irritation that the dilators didn’t.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.