Anyone else suffer from constipation? Is it related?

Find support and treatment options from participants and Maze Women’s Health staff.

Home Forums Vaginismus Support Group Daily Questions About Vaginismus Anyone else suffer from constipation? Is it related?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    cattydoll
    Participant

I recently read this article and was shocked at all the parallels I found personally. The only difference is, I actually was diagnosed with colitis. But Ive been on linzess and it didnt work. Now im on amitiza and it sort of works but I’m not completely happy. So after my diagnosis of vaginismus and my GI doc being notified, they ordered an anorectal manometry. I was told basically off the bat that my rectal muscles weren’t working correctly and I might be referred to PT. I asked what would happen in PT and what I should expect (because PT for your rectum sounds just as scary as PT for your vagina) and the doc said biofeedback. Funnily enough my pelvic floor PT is already working with me using biofeedback for my vaginismus. I still don’t know if I’d be getting another PT or if I have a new diagnosis or what, I’m waiting on the docs word. But I think I’d be slightly relieved if I knew this could all be related and treated as such. Could it be all related? Does anyone else experience this kind of thing in addition to vaginismus?

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

Cattydoll, that’s interesting! There are some very good doctors in these forums and I’ll leave the medical diagnosing to them, but I can’t say I’d be surprised if the possibility of rectal issues and vaginal ones sometimes happened together, especially since vaginismus involves a lot of muscle tension. It’s good that you’re getting answers from doctors though – having an accurate diagnosis will help you treat whatever you DO have going on!

Hi Cattydoll,
    We do see a connection with various GI issues such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and vaginismus. Ideally the pelvic floor PT can work with you on both concerns, so that your therapy is streamlined. Please do keep us posted on your progress!

cattydoll
    Participant

I see my PT this week and I’ve definitely need to discuss a few things with her…after seeing her and doing some relaxing pelvic floor exercises I ended up actually having an accident (something that hasn’t happened since I was hospitalized for colitis). And then I made the horrible choice of slight penetration when things got steamy between me and my bf and have been in awful pain for 3 days and also not able to go to the bathroom. Today I decided to persevere through the pain and do my exercises my PT gave me. And guess what? I went to the bathroom for the first time in 3 days!!
    I’m convinced this is all related for sure now
    But i’ll definitely be speaking with both my PT and docs about it, I’ll keep you posted!

recessivegenequeen
    Participant

Cattydoll, I’m glad you’ve been getting more answers! The body is definitely connected in strange ways, especially when it comes to things feeling blocked. I’m sure your PT can help a lot, but I think you’re just in a difficult exploratory phase of the process where you’re balancing when to do exercises and how to move slowly enough to be comfortable. Your body will feel so much more in sync the longer you work on these things and you’ll come to know what it’s doing more, which is a great gift.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.